Our partner

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:36 pm

News News of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Site map of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum. » Forum : Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Rearview mirror

Hello

I don't think you have had as hardcore case as mine on this forum before.

I'm Darius, 40, from LA. Former football player (bench wormer for 4 years, never made seven figures) and personal trainer for past 16 years. Bull in the "lifestyle" for past 16 years as well. Addicted to sex with white women exclusively since I was 16 years old. I've had sex with 1000 (yes, that's one thousand) white women over ...
Read more : Rearview mirror | Views : 108 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Sexual Addiction Forum

Good age to diagnose personality disorders

Is age 18 too young to diagnose personality disorders? Although you are an adult at that age, you are a teenager still. I think the best age to diagnose personality disorders is at least 25 or 23 at the youngest.

If a person get's diagnosed personality disorder as soon a person turns 18 years old, can the symptoms of it be acute and be improved overtime with help?

Psychology should develop Young Adult Onset Conduct ...
Read more : Good age to diagnose personality disorders | Views : 257 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Conduct Disorder Forum

PTSD and loneliness

Hi all,

I'd be grateful for any advice anyone can offer. The loneliness epidemic is very real, made worse by how uncivilized times are in the 2020s. I turn 40 this year and by my age most people have spouses or partners and are caring for children and aging parents and sick family members, plus already have their friendship circles set. Few have the time or emotional resources to welcome a new person into their ...
Read more : PTSD and loneliness | Views : 237 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum

3 months after stopping an antipsychotic (Zyprexa)

Hi,

I used to suffer from acute anxiety and panic attacks. I tried various anxiety medications, but none provided relief. My psychiatrist suggested trying an antipsychotic (Zyprexa), which finally gave me 100% relief from anxiety. I continued taking Zyprexa for 4 years, but it also caused emotional numbness. After 4 years, I couldn't tolerate the emotional numbness anymore, so I decided to stop the medication. With the help of my psychiatrist, I tapered off it ...

Return After Years Away

Got a lot of help, insight, understaning etc here years ago - but never 100% felt I fitted in - now know that was because I was in the wrong section here - because I had been wrongly diagnosed.
Full of anger and sadness because what I really have is / was treatable and I got no help.
Looking around the web for help with my "new" condition and thought I woudl come back here ...
Read more : Return After Years Away | Views : 232 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Member introduction

Highly differentiated and covert?

Is this possible? I always see people talking about having very distinct alters as if that's synonymous with having overt DID, but all of our main parts are very different. Obviously we have some overlapping interests/behaviors/etc, but they're all very complex and fairly different from me in a lot of ways save from some fragments.

I would definitely say we're very covert as most people in our life have not noticed it, even the few ...
Read more : Highly differentiated and covert? | Views : 593 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

Is my mother a narcissist?

Where do I begin? It's so difficult and almost incredible to believe. Am I the narcissist? I often wonder.... or am I going crazy?

Things between my mom and I went well u till I was about 12. Then I started to formulate my own thoughts and ideas. That was the moment all my moms anger and rage turned towards me. Before that, it was spread out over my father, brother, sister and uncle who ...
Read more : Is my mother a narcissist? | Views : 630 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

My underage friend is defending grown adults who dated her

Recently my friend (16F) told me about her past of dating two people (22M and 27M), she even said that she would have had sex with one of those guys if her mom hadn't stopped her. I told her that those guys were terrible people who were exploiting her age, but she started to argue with me. She told me that they were nice and that she was the one who flirted first and harderst. ...
Read more : My underage friend is defending grown adults who dated her | Views : 474 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Relationship Forum

Coping mechanisms for alters

My system and I are looking to strengthen ourselves with coping skills. My alters come to the front but I never loose consciousness. I currently know common coping skills for myself however my alters want to be armed with coping skills at their disposal. We are looking for skills that can be enacted internally or without my participation such as imagery. Please let us know what helps your system! I'd even like to hear of ...
Read more : Coping mechanisms for alters | Views : 514 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

Should I Keep an Open Mind?

I think this topic is better for the NOS forum.

I'm not officially diagnosed with anything, I should say. I've just been researching on my own time when I am able to. I've been trying to get into a mental health program for a while, but it's hard to get anything back or to get anywhere with dissociative issues. There have been a number of roadblocks. It is still a priority of mine, but I ...
Read more : Should I Keep an Open Mind? | Views : 351 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Dissociative Disorder NOS Forum

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181070 • Total topics 184246 • Total members 226287