Our partner

Fanatic narcissist personailty disorder

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: narcbolan, masquerade, Esquire

Fanatic narcissist personailty disorder

Postby simpsons112 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:35 pm

I googled Fanatic narcissist personailty disorder because unforatanetly my family is dealing with my younger brother and feel very helpless. my brother is 25, about to be 26. he dropped out of college in his last semester from an university. i think he was abusing adderol. about 4-5 years ago he had problems with alcohol and i think hes had some very regretful experiences hes never spoke of while he was drunk. about a year ago he starting becoming delusional, thinking people were after him and saying he could read minds. im scared for him. the way he speaks to my parents makes me so fruatrated and angry but i dont want to approach him because i know it wont be a rational converstaion. he says day to day that he is goin to be a businessman, then a realstate agent, then a philospher. he scares me. i am scared for my mother to be in the same house anymore with him. i feel like i dont even know my brother anymore, like who he used to be is dead. and know hes using synthetic marijuana to cope, which has made his anger,hosiltiy, and anxiety worse.If anyone has anything to say that could help our family, i would appreciate that.
simpsons112
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:04 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Fanatic narcissist personailty disorder

Postby coloroftruthisgray » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:13 pm

How is this narcissism ?
The color of truth is gray.
coloroftruthisgray
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby simpsons112 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:29 pm

Well, what I wrote above is the acute issues that are going on now. He was always the star of my family, good loking, favored, athlete. my parents "worshiped" him. maybe even lived thru him at one point thru sports, homecoming events at scholl, etc. hes 25 and already had hair plugs put in, had his ears surgically pinned back, and will spend 100's of dollars on vitamins and supplemst and never take them. i love my brother. i really miss him. he isnt happy anymore and thats all i want. even if he never gets a job or never gets out of the house. its hard to see him so angry all the time. i dont know if he can relate to real life situations regarding his "ideas" for his future or even understand what it takes to reach certain goals. yes.. my family enabled....i get that. i just am asking for insight from people who are there are have been there.
simpsons112
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Fallen_Angel73 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:21 pm

I don't think you'll find it here. And to be honest I don't think you're in a position to understand what your brother has or has not, is or is not. You're the right side and he's the wrong side. There's just too much bias here. Not that you're an exception in being biased. That's how families work. Or.. don't work.
Fallen_Angel73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby blue_zebra » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:28 am

What you describe is not enough in itself to say he's a narcissist. At end end of the day, does he lie and manipulate pathologically to control the outcome of things and does he do it without empathy for anyone that may be damaged along the way.
blue_zebra
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby masquerade » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:06 pm

No one on the forum can diagnose, and there are other illnesses which can mimic narcissism, for instance the manic or hypomanic phase of bipolar disorder. Only a professional can make a diagnosis. Cannabis, whether synthetic or in its real form can induce paranoia and delusions and other psychotic behaviour. As he's clearly delusional and you're worried about your mother's safety when he's around, perhaps you should try to persuade him to seek professional help. If his condition worsens, and he seems to be a danger to himself or others or is out of touch with reality, you should call for an ambulance to take him to hospital. Other disorders can co exist with narcissism and as I said before, only a professional can diagnose.
http://youtu.be/myyITD5LWo4

http://youtu.be/IaBLhoWTkMI

forum-rules.php
No lap top atm so may be delayed in replying to you. If urgent please approach another moderator
masquerade
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (9)

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post