Our partner

Rejected a Narcissist

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Rejected a Narcissist

Postby 1m50l0nl3y » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:57 am

Gelazar, can you explain me how exactly she rejected me? Seriously, I want to see it from your perspective.

Earlymorning, She came off as a decent serious person. The problem was because she craved attention, and when she didn't get it she would throw tantrums but not in a direct manner, she was not the type to call and begin a bashing parade. She was the subtle type that uses guilt and punishment, and if that failed she began stalking, then turn up her charm and act as if nothing had happened.
Worse yet, with things that were not meant as an insult neither about her, she would take offense, and not that I'm assuming she got offended but she would actually voice it and ask "Why are you insulting me?" . When she was not the one controlling the situation she would throw direct tantrums and get an attitude My way or the high way. And when things were not about her she would put a sad face for a couple of minutes and then did *something* to re direct the attention to her.

She never went violent, neither physically nor verbally. Even when I turned her down she remained cold, for me it was almost fascinating, as normally people express some level of emotion.
I don't think she is a Psycopath.

I do NOT intend to keep her in my life, however she is my cousin's little friend (he introduced me to her and he even sent me this whole email asking me to treat her as a princess), also friend of my best friend (who sees her as my future wife) and finally a friend of my new girlfriend (who thinks she is pathetic and threw herself at me). So with this level of involvement in my life, I needed to know what I was dealing with.
Thanks to life, she vanished from the face of earth.
1m50l0nl3y
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:32 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Gelazar » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:45 pm

1m50l0nl3y wrote:Gelazar, can you explain me how exactly she rejected me? Seriously, I want to see it from your perspective.

The thread says it all. You're thinking about her. Is she?
Gelazar
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:17 pm

Postby svenska500 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:18 pm

I tried to test her and sent her text asking for forgiveness that I didn't spend so much time with her and informing her that I moved to another town (wich is true). I haven't received a reply yet.

If someone told me they were moving to another town.. why would I waste any additional time on them? I might send them a final text as a courtesy.. not like it would mean anything.. but perhaps it would make me feel better that I'm at least putting some energy into showing I am a decent person? I don't know.. don't really care. I wouldn't spend more than five seconds on the text if I did.. later, good bye.. next please.

They wouldn't be in my life in the future.. so why should I waste any of my precious emotional energy and time on someone that won't be around me when there are countless others vying for my attention that are in the same town/city as I am?

You seem to be much more emotionally invested in this situation, where she absolutely never was. (if she really is a narc). It's hard to completely know after only two weeks and three dates.
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. - Sun Tzu
svenska500
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:32 am

Postby 1m50l0nl3y » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:28 pm

Gelazar, got cha, you could be completely right about that one. She reversed the tables, I went from being stalked to being rejected lol.

Svenska, thanks for your opinion from the N point of view. I want to ask you something, when you like somebody in the romantic sense, do you try desperate to get their attention or are you cold and aloof?
1m50l0nl3y
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:32 am

Previous

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post