Our partner

Male NPDs please respond

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Male NPDs please respond

Postby Maenad » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:41 am

When it comes to women are you somewhat a Darwinist? What I mean by this is you believe that your the fittest and are more deserving than other dudes whom you deem as pussies and feel the need to correct the situation as in sleeping with his girl or taking the girl for yourself? Or quite possibly humiliating the other guy in front of his group or girl by turning him into the laughing stock of the group to prove that your better than him?
Maenad
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Male NPDs please respond

Postby JWhitt » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:14 am

I actually feel this way a lot, typically directly trying to convince or put into the girl's mind by any means that this guy is lesser and inferior. Sometimes I directly state I'm better or sometimes it's just some invisible comparison, but I'm doing it regardless. I'm more often than likely trying to get this girl for myself when I'm doing it. Sometimes even just getting her to see it is enough for me, other times I have to have her right on her knees crazy about me before I'm satisfied and able to walk away.
JWhitt
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:22 am

Postby Maenad » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:02 pm

JWhitt wrote:I actually feel this way a lot, typically directly trying to convince or put into the girl's mind by any means that this guy is lesser and inferior. Sometimes I directly state I'm better or sometimes it's just some invisible comparison, but I'm doing it regardless. I'm more often than likely trying to get this girl for myself when I'm doing it. Sometimes even just getting her to see it is enough for me, other times I have to have her right on her knees crazy about me before I'm satisfied and able to walk away.

From an early age, where you really good with women? I remember I used to have this vampire effect on girls before I became depressed( rare for NPD, but I was diagnosed bipolar also).
Maenad
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby JWhitt » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:40 pm

Well y'know, in my opinion yes and I still do have this effect. A lot of people around me would agree as well. Seeing as I'm still rather young (college age), and giving my circle/subculture/whatever you wanna apply, we had other issues when I would pull that "Darwinist" game. But I did play it, I succeeded often, and it still works for me to this day. It's very particular though, my choice in who to pull it on. I almost get off on the power alone sometimes and it lets me walk away before a lot of damage is done.
JWhitt
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby narcbolan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:00 pm

Has it occured to either of you guys why you do this?

Not just the nature of your behaviour, but the root of it.
narcbolan
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Aerodrone » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:04 pm

The majority of all my relationships, I would say about 85% of them, and I have been in a lot, I have stolen the girl from another man by showing and convincing them how better I am than them. Although, once I get the girl, I often become uninterested in them. Its like a game to me.

I have always had the vampire effect, girls often think very highly of me and "chase" me.
Aerodrone
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:22 am

Postby JWhitt » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:30 pm

narcbolan wrote:Has it occured to either of you guys why you do this?

Not just the nature of your behaviour, but the root of it.

I feel like it's a superiority thing to me. I have to not only know in my head that I'm the best, but conform reality to this. And even if I "fail" in that instance, I still find ways to justify how I'm best. My interpretation is warped. If you're meaning a deeper root, like the direct cause, I wouldn't know. I grew up in a fatherless home and for the short time I did have anything close (ages 7-9 or 10), he was abusive. My father was known to be intelligent, successful, and plenty of positive masculine attributes. He wined and dined plenty of women, led him to my mother who he failed with and proceeded to continue on with it until I happened and then he left. I've known this my entire life. My mother worked all the time and I was left in the care of an iffy caretaker (my grandmother) for a large part of my life alongside my younger half-brother. Maybe that's somehow related.
JWhitt
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Klitcha » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:45 pm

yeah 100%. I feel like Darwinism/evolutionary theory is the only thing that can explain the narcissist or the psychopath/antisocial/sociopath and then the completely different types - the prosocials. They are different reproductive strategies - bottom line. The Dark Triad personalities are meant to steal women from other males, meant to get more women in short term relationships, meant to be able to more skillfully extract resources from social groups, etc. The majority or the people with empathetic and prosocial behavior are meant for long term relationships and cooperation to get what they need.

It never made any sense to me why I am the way I am until I studied evolutionary theory as it applies to the Dark Triad personalities. Why was I constantly being challenged by other men? If not challenged, why was I constantly being emulated by them? Why was it so hard to keep a woman yet I could charm the socks off any woman I meet? It's actually quite interesting and it has bought alot of peace to my mind. We are just animals with the singular goal of breeding and passing genes...don't forget that.
Klitcha
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby EmpathySucks » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Maenad wrote:When it comes to women are you somewhat a Darwinist? What the hell is darwinist?
What I mean by this is you believe that your the fittest and are more deserving than other dudes whom you deem as pussies and feel the need to correct the situation as in sleeping with his girl or taking the girl for yourself? Taking her for myself, sure. That's fine with me. Always hilarious when I say "We just met and you've already dumped your boyfriend for me!".
Or quite possibly humiliating the other guy in front of his group or girl by turning him into the laughing stock of the group to prove that your better than him?

I don't prove anything by making others laugh at him. It's boring. Having a.. "good time" with his girl while he watches is enough for me. I wouldn't mind (it'll be amusing actually) after that taking him to a quiet field and chainsawing him to death, but that's antisocial material, I think.

I don't need to prove things I already know, that I'm superior than the people around me. Well, that's just about guys. When it gets to women.. let's say feminists would like to put me in jail if I said my opinion.
Last edited by EmpathySucks on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EmpathySucks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:22 am

Postby JWhitt » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Klitcha, that was a very enlightening post for me. Thank you for sharing that with us. The second paragraph really opened my eyes up to a new possibility of why I struggle with romantic relationships yet have a plethora of options without even trying.

EmpathySucks, I think the difference on that is whether you're requiring the admiration of the strangers as well as the girl, versus just trying to humiliate that one guy. I would agree on the antisocial material in that aspect though, which might contribute to the not requiring the admiration of the strangers.
JWhitt
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Next

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post