Our partner

OCD

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: narcbolan, masquerade, Esquire

OCD

Postby Twistedmister » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Hello,

I am posting this here.......cause i'm in a Narc-y mood.

This is a rant please don't dissect it:

OCD.........you don't have it. Yes YOU!

How do i know? Because.........i had OCD. I still have OCD.........but i barely call what i have now, OCD...compared to when i really had OCD.

People with actual OCD..........do not like it when people with Obsessive traits, claim to have OCD.
People with actual OCD.........don't even like it when people with OCD, that barely have OCD......claim that they have OCD.

If your OCD doesn't EFFECT you nearly every moment of everyday.........then you don't have OCD.
You have OC...........so get a surfboard and F)))))k off.....

I get so annoyed and angry.........whenever i tell people i had severe OCD.......and they say "my boss has that"......or "my cousin"........or "my mom" or "i'm like that"................NO YOU AREN'T! iYour boss doesn't.....your cousin doesn't and neither does the whore that spawned you.

You like your pencils to be str8 on your desk? They have to face a certain way??????????????

OR WHAT!

If the answer is: Someone i know will die........OR........I won't be able to stop thinking about it for the next week...........OR..........i will feel so much anxiety, i will have to go to the bathroom and lock myself in the stall to hide because people will see me crying.............then you have OCD.

If the answer is: I like them to be..........OR..............I have to straighten them, but i'll wait till you turn around...............then continue surfing.

If you wake up at 2 a.m........and then decide you should of straightened them........then go back and break into your office, just to do so.........then welcome to OCD-land.

So you! You who say you have OCD..........do you have OCD? Do you really? Do you wanna swap OCD stories?
Mine is.........i missed out on every moment of my life from ages 8-27 because i was worried about ___________. Having cancer, aids, going blind, burning in hell, being murdered, murdering others, grabbing someone's baby out of their stroller and tossing it into traffic........raping people, taking a knife and shoving it into my eyes......putting my tongue on a hot element.........thinking about weird stuff during sex........worrying about whether i was gay...........worrying i was going to have a stroke..........worrying i may be a robot............worrying everyone else may be robots.........worrying i was going to sleep walk and murder my family.............worrying someone was under my bed, for the 10th time that night...........worrying i left the oven on, ran someone over......didn't lock the door...........left a cigarette burning...................NON STOP FOR 19 years.........NON STOP........Literally, maybe 20-30 second moments of non-worrying spliced throughout my day................just enough, to fake that i was even paying attention to anything around me.
I wasn't..........i was worried a bug was burrowing in my brain.
Borderline
Twistedmister
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: OCD

Postby no_id » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Ive ocd.
no_id
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby funky » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:31 pm

funky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Greatexpectations » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:06 am

I agree ODC can mess your life up. Did you take any meds for it, if so did they work?
Did you have any therapy, or is it just age that has made the symptoms less?

I think you will find people get OCD muddled up with OCPD.

OCPD persons are concerned with tidiness, orderliness. It does not usually interfere or ruin their life, their obsession is with neatness everything must be in it place. They drive other people crazy.

OCD is much more serious. They drive themselves crazy.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao Tzu
Greatexpectations
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby funky » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:13 am

funky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby seffib » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:16 pm

I got diagnosed as having OCD a month ago. I've had it for about ten years, but in the last my symptoms worsened. I literally spent every minute of every day either thinking of or doing what my mind told me to. Couldn't sleep because I was worried the pencil I've rearranged 24 times faced the wrong direction, the doorhandle was still dirty even though I've washed it 24 times, every little movement, activity, colour, shape, word had a meaning and I was never sure I did the right to thing to stop the bad thing happening (mostly to me - hello, Narcissist). Waiting for the underground I feared someone was going to push me in, someone at a party was going to infect me with...., or I was going to hit someone, harm someone, fearing everything and everyone and doing everything my mind told me to to get a little relief. Imagine washing your hand every time you touch something (ANYTHING!) or someone (ANYONE!), scrubbing yourself and still feeling dirty. I repeated things hundreds of times and still felt anxious, still believed every horrible scenario was going to happen...

tl;dr It pisses me off when people say 'oh, I have it, too'. Yes most people have some symptom of the OCD, but they don't get mortal fear if they don't do it and their lives don't revolve around it, it's not their lifestyle, just as you can't shake off narcissism.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." — Kurt Cobain
seffib
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Greatexpectations » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:14 pm

nine,
I have a relative with OCD, are there any meds you recommend?
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao Tzu
Greatexpectations
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby funky » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:51 pm

funky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby funky » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:06 pm

Sorry, wrong spelling, it's Sertraline. (Also known as Lustral.)
funky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Twistedmister » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:26 pm

I am against meds for OCD. I imagine if they help some, then yay......med away.

I find that most people with OCD, or any problem really..........get lost in the "medication" side of things. Looking for a magical potion.......

The best way to fight OCD........any OCD.........is to not fight it. It's counterintuitive......but you basically just acknowledge.

Afraid someone is going to push you in the subway? Get ready to die. Don't argue, or step back....or try and reassure yourself it won't happen........prepare for it. Agree with the impulse that is telling you you are danger, tell it it is right and you are going to die.

It's very hard...........my biggest fears were cancer. Now when i have an OCD thought pop in about cancer........i just agree. Yes, i may have cancer. I can't know...........and that is that.
If it comes back..........i start thinking about where i am going to be buried, and what to do with my dog......i don't fight it. "i don't have cancer cause_________________"...........no that keeps it in your mind.

You think someone is poisioning you? (i have roomates now, occasionally i worry they might be)........oh well, guess i am going to die.

It's really the only way..........because OCD is just your brain trying to work on problems. Little bubbles of insane thought, hit your conscious mind and most people don't even acknowledge them....becasue they're crazy.
But we, argue them......because we're paranoid and narcissistic and secretly think we have magical powers. (on a subconscious level)...........

It's our defense mechanism..........we try and believe (our minds) control the world.....and if we just act accordingly, the world won't hurt us.....like it did. Usually the fault of a bad mommy or daddy.....who themselves, had bad mommys and daddys....

But yeah.......OCD, is based on fear. And if you accept your fear, it's not fear anymore. It's fact.....and our brains, don't worry about fact. Our brains are looking out for the next problem.......
Fear is always based on what we think will happen next................if you are on a building, you are afraid of falling. If you are falling, you are afraid of hitting the ground..........if you hit the ground, you are afraid of how you are injured. If you see you are injured, you are afraid of missing work or not being able to walk..........you are always afraid of the future, that is what the mind worrys about. Here and now, are here.....where the brain is. It never worrys about where it is, only where it is going........

The less we argue, the less we fight........the less do our rituals or compulsions........the less we have OCD.
Eventually...the thoughts, just flitter away........like they do for normal people.
Borderline
Twistedmister
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum