Our partner

Do they come back EVER after the devalue/discard?

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: narcbolan, masquerade, Esquire

Do they come back EVER after the devalue/discard?

Postby expressivecreative » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:26 am

A lot of you know my story - and I'm at a low moment, obviously. But tell me the truth here - will a narc ever even SPEAK to an ex again after the D&D? I'm not stupid enough to get involved with him again, but I think if I could just be friendly acquaintances then I would feel better. I have to work with him and having a narc enemy is terrifying. Is "friendly acquaintances" EVER going to happen? I've heard they come back when supply is low - well, his supply is basically a network of professional contacts that reinforce his feeling of "fame" and superiority. I'm pretty positive he has no romantic supply nor will he anytime soon. Unless the woman is a complete idiot?

I'm a lot different than I used to be - have worked on a lot of my issues that contributed to the D&D. Would a narc even consider that people change?

Give me something here - I have to go back to work in three weeks.
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, / But I have promises to keep, / And miles to go before I sleep, / And miles to go before I sleep.

dx: HPD with borderline tendencies, depression
suicide attempt 10/2/10
rx: Wellbutrin, valium
EMDR guinea pig (I'll let you know if it works)
expressivecreative
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:10 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Do they come back EVER after the devalue/discard?

Postby OneLiner » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:38 am

I think he might want to keep the appearances in social settings, so yes, you might be able to do chatting, but I would not venture more than that. In any case, you should never venture more with someone that is unhealthy. I would make sure never to be alone with him. That is important.
I desired love and fellowship, and I was still spurned. Was there no injustice in this? Am I to be thought the only criminal, when all humankind sinned against me?
OneLiner
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:10 am

Postby expressivecreative » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:45 am

Well, I don't think he assumes I will enhance his social status since he pretty much told the whole world I was a nutso and stalking him. And I don't go to social events where he will be (even department meetings) because I'm terrified he will cry "stalker" and press charges, or publicly embarrass me in some way and endanger my career.

So "chatting"? I doubt it. It would have to be a very concerted effort to reverse what he's done in the past to blacken my name. He would have to deliberately decide he wants me in his life.

Yeah, doesn't look good.
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, / But I have promises to keep, / And miles to go before I sleep, / And miles to go before I sleep.

suicide attempt 10/2/10
expressivecreative
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby OneLiner » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:01 am

expressivecreative wrote:Well, I don't think he assumes I will enhance his social status since he pretty much told the whole world I was a nutso and stalking him. And I don't go to social events where he will be (even department meetings) because I'm terrified he will cry "stalker" and press charges, or publicly embarrass me in some way and endanger my career.

So "chatting"? I doubt it. It would have to be a very concerted effort to reverse what he's done in the past to blacken my name. He would have to deliberately decide he wants me in his life.

Yeah, doesn't look good.

I meant water cooler type of chat. My bet is that he will give you the Silent Treatment, so I would not worry too much about work issues. But like I said, don't be alone with him at any time.
I don't want to talk about nons issue on this forum though. I just wanted to give a little encouragement.
End of discussion in this thread. :)
I desired love and fellowship, and I was still spurned. Was there no injustice in this? Am I to be thought the only criminal, when all humankind sinned against me?
OneLiner
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby expressivecreative » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:20 am

WHutz? Did you just kill my thread?

suicide attempt 10/2/10
expressivecreative
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby OneLiner » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:22 am

just for me, others can take over. :?
OneLiner
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby expressivecreative » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:27 am

Okay then, I will not beat you up. :wink:

I probably need MY butt whuupped. Can't believe I'm back here pining for Mr. Greater-than-Thou-Rockstar-in-His-Own-Mind loser man. I just miss the sex. And the smile. He had a nice smile. :roll: (even though it was completely fake lmao)

Arghhhhh though shalt not drink and pine over ex narcs.

suicide attempt 10/2/10
expressivecreative
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post