Our partner

I hate being imitated!

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: I hate being imitated!

Postby Friggle » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:34 pm

#Nihil wrote:
Friggle wrote:Mockery is the simplest form of humor. But I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case.

Did you ask them?

I watched her.
NPD (malignant)
PPD
Depression (moderate)
DXD Since '11
Not giving a damn since '91
Friggle
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Number » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Friggle wrote:
#Nihil wrote:
Friggle wrote:Mockery is the simplest form of humor. But I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case.

Did you ask them?

I watched her.

Ever researched schizophrenia, my dear?

A schizophrenic has a, shall we say. . ., malfunctioning interpretation of reality. The malfunction is due, a lot, to the fact that they tend to live inside their heads. (Especially the paranoid schizophrenics).

Schizophrenics interpret the data that they receive from other people in a way that is biased to their own preconceived notions. Most people, you know, have preconceived notions, too. But, schizophrenics have a brand of preconceived notions that are so far from reality that they literally make the schizophrenic see things that aren't there.

A way that schizophrenics can cope with these notions and live more in reality is known as "reality checking". A famous paranoid schizophrenic, John Nash, dealt with his schizophrenia by constantly asking seemingly inane questions. For instance, whenever a new person would talk to him, he would ask a nearby person that he knew was real if they saw the person who was talking to him. This method of reality checking helped him consciously differentiate between people he thought were there and people who were actually there.
One day I realized it didn't matter at all. I moved onto bigger and better things, in a betwixt amusement at myself.
Number
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Friggle » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:09 am

#Nihil wrote:Ever researched schizophrenia, my dear?

A schizophrenic has a, shall we say. . ., malfunctioning interpretation of reality. The malfunction is due, a lot, to the fact that they tend to live inside their heads. (Especially the paranoid schizophrenics).

Schizophrenics interpret the data that they receive from other people in a way that is biased to their own preconceived notions. Most people, you know, have preconceived notions, too. But, schizophrenics have a brand of preconceived notions that are so far from reality that they literally make the schizophrenic see things that aren't there.

A way that schizophrenics can cope with these notions and live more in reality is known as "reality checking". A famous paranoid schizophrenic, John Nash, dealt with his schizophrenia by constantly asking seemingly inane questions. For instance, whenever a new person would talk to him, he would ask a nearby person that he knew was real if they saw the person who was talking to him. This method of reality checking helped him consciously differentiate between people he thought were there and people who were actually there.

You can have a preconceived notion based on actual stimuli (assumption) or you can have a preconceived notion based on cognitive deficits (hallucinations). Make sure you differentiate.
NPD (malignant)
PPD
Depression (moderate)
DXD Since '11
Friggle
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Number » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:12 am

Friggle wrote:
#Nihil wrote:Ever researched schizophrenia, my dear?

You can have a preconceived notion based on actual stimuli (assumption) or you can have a preconceived notion based on cognitive deficits (hallucinations). Make sure you differentiate.

So you did pick up my subtlety? I'm impressed.

Unfortunately, you intentionally missed the point, allthewhile seeing it...

That says a lot.
One day I realized it didn't matter at all. I moved onto bigger and better things, in a betwixt amusement at myself.
Number
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Friggle » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:21 am

What does it say?
NPD (malignant)
PPD
Depression (moderate)
DXD Since '11
Friggle
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Number » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:23 am

Friggle wrote:What does it say?

You might really be a narcissist afterall! :D
Number
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Friggle » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:36 am

#Nihil wrote:

yay. I still don't know where you drew that conclusion based on those posts.
NPD (malignant)
PPD
Depression (moderate)
DXD Since '11
Friggle
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Number » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:41 am

Friggle wrote:
#Nihil wrote:

yay. I still don't know where you drew that conclusion based on those posts.

You seem fairly fun.

I'll elucidate if you're truly interested, but not here. It'd, well, take your thread off on yet another tangent. :(
Number
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Friggle » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:45 am

u can always pm me :D
NPD (malignant)
PPD
Depression (moderate)
DXD Since '11