Our partner

Can NPD be a result of extreme laziness?

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: narcbolan, masquerade, Esquire

Can NPD be a result of extreme laziness?

Postby Blarneystone » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:30 am

I am the son of a N-mother. I test above average for narcissistic traits. But what I think kicked the sh1t out of my N-traits was the death of my father. Something about that loss showed me that what people think isn't that important. We are all going to die. so why should I keep pushing so hard?

On the other hand there's mom. She seems to be a lost cause. Million dollar house she can't afford. Friends and relatives breaking off all contact, extravagant parties where people nobody knows show up for the free food.

What bothers me most is the fact that she seems to make one dumb decision after another. Pouring tens of thousands into get rich quick schemes. Starting business after business and absolutely refusing to read a book or learn a single skill that might make one of these ideas work. Instead, she blames everyone else for her failures. "oh, the web designer didn't finish the site."

I've just about concluded it's just extreme laziness. She's always gotten ahead by bullying people and playing people against one another. I doubt she's ever done an honest day of work in her life. Instead, she works hard to impress others. If she can't impress, she complains. Nobody can moan as well. She could win an award for whining.

Her whining gets results I suppose. But I can see she is becoming more desperate. People are just too busy and worried to be bothered by what they perceive as a millionaire who doesn't work, yet complains about everything.

What do you think?
Blarneystone
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Can NPD be a result of extreme laziness?

Postby Pathogen » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:52 pm

I'm thinking i need another smoke and a cup of coffee. Uhm...to your thread question, your answer is 6
Pathogen
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:40 pm

Postby Blarneystone » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:07 pm

Ha ha ha!

I wrote that late. Sorry.

What I was trying to say is she works harder at getting out of work than she would ever work if she applied herself. For example, if your homework assignment was to read a book. She would trick my dad into reading it and doing the report (true story). I see that as being lazy. I see the weeks of games and manipulations as being loads more work than reading the book and writing the report.

What I was wondering how NPDs saw this. Is it laziness or something else?
Blarneystone
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:40 pm

Postby Pathogen » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:15 pm

Well Narcissism is a pathological disorder. The pervasive pattern within the complex personality is what gears the label NPD. So, even if you're lazy, doesn't mean you are narcissistic. But to be honest, unless a narciossist wanted to look 'good' then normally they would make up an excuse to get out of doing things, aka being lazy. So, they do coincide, but laziness isn't the reason for NPD and vice versa.
Pathogen
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby wooster » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:26 pm

Blarneystone wrote: extravagant parties where people nobody knows show up for the free food.
^ care to share her home address with us?? :wink:
"Oyyoy oy oy, accelerate ze protons!" (Eugene Hütz)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPDFkQbNbwk
wooster
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Postby Pathogen » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:35 pm

I second that question...
Pathogen
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby thisislabor » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:20 am

as a random side note, to my understanding failure to take responsibility is more of a core perpetuation trait of HPD - a cause of continuation of the disorder but not a cause of the disorder itself. perhaps there is some rollover (in this instance) for her.
When the time comes there will not be enough people to bury the dead.
thisislabor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum