Our partner

What type of people narcissists don't like or hate

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: narcbolan, masquerade, Esquire

What type of people narcissists don't like or hate

Postby Nicky » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:24 am

I have noticed that narcissists don't like me.I wonder why.It happens naturally even before i notice it. Someone starts treating me in an insulting way and later i notice that he is narcissist. I also that I also don't like them as sson as we meet.So,from the beginning there is some strange negative electricity between us.I will give you a simple example There is a man who has a store,sells some pet's stuff. Whenever I visit his store he makes me wait. Deliberately keeps his converisons long,etc.. I don't like him because of this reason. Lately i started immediately sitting and looking at newspapers in a relaxed way. I noticed that he got very nervous,stopped his conversation and served me.He treats others very kindly and in normal way but treats me in an insulting way as if he is piunishing me.After learning more about narcissists I am being able to detect them more easily and i am noticing that those are always the people I had not liked much from the beginning and also at the same time who had not liked me. Today i just noticed another person who always made me nervous was also a narcisist.Now,I am wondering what the reason for that is? Could that be because I also am narcissist?(Not sure ) I also might be borderline? not sure again. So,what do you think problem could be?Why they feel nervous with me?What type of people they don't like?best wishes.
Nicky
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:43 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby shivers » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:38 am

Some people are very good at listening to their intuition about others. MY SIL without really knowing why never felt good around my partner, (a diagnosed NPD) although she's not met him much, she knows instinctively that she doesn't like him. This sounds like you.

In a lot of literatire about Narcissists I've read that people who meet one often walk away feeling either angry or hurt. This can be at a social gathering where the N played centre stage at their table perhaps, or a work colleague they have to deal with regularly, or someone who they attempted to start a relationship with.

I remember a lot of things my old boss used to do and can now see he had Narcissistic tendencies, I never liked him then, now I know why.

Some of us are very good at listening to our inner voice and acting upon it, while others suppress it, often to our own detriment. I believe that those who aren't afraid to let the narcissists they meet that they don't particularly like them, the N's can detect this and realising that you won't pamper to their needs will reject you. I wouldn't be insulted with this, rather the opposite!

If you believe that you can detect narcissists or narcissistic behaviour, why do you think it's a problem? It sounds more like a gift.... :lol:
shivers
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Postby Nicky » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:15 am

lynn0407 wrote:Some people are very good at listening to their intuition about others. MY SIL without really knowing why never felt good around my partner, (a diagnosed NPD) although she's not met him much, she knows instinctively that she doesn't like him. This sounds like you.

In a lot of literatire about Narcissists I've read that people who meet one often walk away feeling either angry or hurt. This can be at a social gathering where the N played centre stage at their table perhaps, or a work colleague they have to deal with regularly, or someone who they attempted to start a relationship with.

I remember a lot of things my old boss used to do and can now see he had Narcissistic tendencies, I never liked him then, now I know why.

Some of us are very good at listening to our inner voice and acting upon it, while others suppress it, often to our own detriment. I believe that those who aren't afraid to let the narcissists they meet that they don't particularly like them, the N's can detect this and realising that you won't pamper to their needs will reject you. I wouldn't be insulted with this, rather the opposite!

If you believe that you can detect narcissists or narcissistic behaviour, why do you think it's a problem? It sounds more like a gift.... :lol:

thanks.
I also have some split self problem and i am trying to resolve it.. I am in need of learning more on this subject. That is why I am thinking on these things.
Nicky
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Re: God yes!.....what is her secret?

Postby Nicky » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:24 am

Tinkerbell44 wrote:I want untreated NPD repellant toooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :lol: :oops: :roll: :twisted: :shock: :o :D :? :wink:

Seriously, tho, why do you think this might be a problem? I don't think you are NPD if they don't like you, cause then you'd have the symptoms of NPD in response to not being liked, and...that's not just sitting, laxin' readin a newspaper...THAT's for shure, man.

Sometimes, i do that...the "cheerfully seeing him through another spree?" I like the effect for me. I feel somewhat liberated not giving a care.

Well I did that somewhat purposfully. But i did not think about it much. I did not plan it. It was an automatic reaction. It was as if I wished to say. "Look,I am not getting nervous with what you are doing to me. I am relaxed and fine reading the news paper..".

best wishes..
Nicky
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby WoAiNi » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:35 pm

I kind of know what you mean. Upon meeting my Mother-in-law for the first time; I was left feeling very strange and uncomfortable. She made me feel weird. I disliked her instantly, but couldn't put my finger on why. This bothered me because normally I am good at reading people fairly well. I can see through the BS, but with her it was different. I now know that she was putting on a show, and my husband said she is always putting on a show with me. He has told me that she acts completely different around me, than when she is with anyone else. How exhausting this must be for her, no?

Now that I know her very well; I know why it is that she made me feel that way. Once you get to know them better you will know WHY they do it.

It must be irritating for you to not know WHY they are doing it. I agree with the others who said, "Don't take it personal." This is a gift. You may just have the ability to read people well, who knows?
WoAiNi
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby shivers » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:53 pm

Hey, I love Tink's idea about the N repellant!

Wish we could bottle it.... :lol:
shivers
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post