Our partner

Masturbating to yourself in the mirror

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Masturbating to yourself in the mirror

Postby gately » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:59 pm

Perhaps a more niche phenomenon of homosexual narcissists, but it's conceivably possible that a person's sexual vanity could overwhelm their general sexual orientation, and indeed that anyone with sufficient enough self-love could find the reflection of their own masturbation arousing enough to masturbate to.

Have any NPD members here ever done this?

It's not that far-fetched when also considering NPD males could use their free hand to lean-on and support themselves against the mirror glass, effectively satisfying their need to high-five during sexual encounters.

Alternatively, have you ever fantasized about yourself while having sex with a partner?

Raises an interesting question in the case of NPD heterosexuals: is it possible to turn yourself gay? Or, more accurately, can the image of your own masturbation raise potentially dormant or tentative homosexual tendencies into a dominant sexual mode? Something to consider.
gately
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Masturbating to yourself in the mirror

Postby mark1958 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Really? Is this serious?
There are no failures, only lessons!
Resistance leads to suffering, acceptance leads to peace
mark1958
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:25 pm

Postby Midwinter » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:53 pm

Well. I find myself sexy, and I have multiple times been looking in the mirror during sex with my girlfriend to watch how good I look during sex, but never (nor will I ever) masturbate to myself. That's some weird sh#t in my world.

gately wrote:considering NPD males could use their free hand to lean-on and support themselves against the mirror glass, effectively satisfying their need to high-five during sexual encounters.

:lol:
Midwinter
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 am

Postby narcbolan » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:18 pm

I don't know about a mirror but in my case, if I'm being sexual without a partner, then I've found that in my head what's going on is my more female side is having sex with my male side. Because of that split each part of me can experience the other. I don't know if that's the same thing or not.
narcbolan
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:25 am

Postby HislilPrincess » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:25 pm

gately wrote:Perhaps a more niche phenomenon of homosexual narcissists, but it's conceivably possible that a person's sexual vanity could overwhelm their general sexual orientation, and indeed that anyone with sufficient enough self-love could find the reflection of their own masturbation arousing enough to masturbate to.

Have any NPD members here ever done this?

It's not that far-fetched when also considering NPD males could use their free hand to lean-on and support themselves against the mirror glass, effectively satisfying their need to high-five during sexual encounters.

Alternatively, have you ever fantasized about yourself while having sex with a partner?

Raises an interesting question in the case of NPD heterosexuals: is it possible to turn yourself gay? Or, more accurately, can the image of your own masturbation raise potentially dormant or tentative homosexual tendencies into a dominant sexual mode? Something to consider.

I have no comment as I can't relate to this fantasy. However I do have a comment on this below.

Is it possible to turn yourself gay?

No, the answer is no. If you believe gay ppl have no choice bc they are born gay, then they are gay no matter how much they are in denial. Any hederosexual individual, especially men will tell you they have 0 desire or fantasies about the same sex. I don't believe there is such thing as Bi Sexuals either. Bisexuals are gay individuals who are in deep denial so therefore they continue having sex with the opposite sex in order to feel normal, safe or hidden from their true nature. Hederosexual individuals or straight ppl are called straight for a reason, they don't engage in same sex relationships and many are homophobic however respectbc society says it's the " Right " thing to do. straight ppl don't fantasize about sex with same gender, again especially men. So any man who is having sex with another man is not straight, they are gay and should accept rather than stay in denial. I'm not a huge fan of labels either, however there needs to be a definition of actions and behaviors, and anyone who exist in 2017 knows you are gay if turned on, think about, have sex and fantasize about the same gender.
HislilPrincess
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:25 pm

Postby big Anatoly » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:30 pm

One cannot transform into homosexuality in adulthood just by choice.
I am straight, and have done what you've described just a few times and I would say I am attracted to myself not because I am male just because I see myself as a ultimate entity, something hard to describe but I am not gay, or will become that. So I suppose the vanity overpowers the sexuality, but this isn't a common occurrence with me.
I may be wrong but I think old old friend of ours jrh could elaborate on his experiences if he was still around.
big Anatoly
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:25 pm

Postby masteroftheuniverse » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:37 pm

gately wrote:It's not that far-fetched when also considering NPD males could use their free hand to lean-on and support themselves against the mirror glass, effectively satisfying their need to high-five during sexual encounters.

What... the... f...?

HislilPrincess wrote:I don't believe there is such thing as Bi Sexuals either. Bisexuals are gay individuals who are in deep denial so therefore they continue having sex with the opposite sex in order to feel normal, safe or hidden from their true nature.

*Facepalm*
masteroftheuniverse
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby whichway » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:22 pm

I could be wrong, but isn't this just a normal part of getting to know your own sexuality? I don't think it's an NPD thing. It may be more prevalent in people who lean homosexual but I don't think it's necessarily narcissistic. I think it could be done narcissistically or not - depends on your motives and experience in doing it.
Undiagnosed Non :lol:
whichway
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby LittleMissToxic » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:00 am

HislilPrincess wrote:
I don't believe there is such thing as Bi Sexuals either. Bisexuals are gay individuals who are in deep denial so therefore they continue having sex with the opposite sex in order to feel normal, safe or hidden from their true nature.

I'm bisexual. I literally get turned on by men and women. If I was just gay, a man would NOT turn me on. I wouldn't even want to be with a man. In fact, I prefer men over women. Does that mean I'm really a straight woman in denial??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, newsflash, most men have a little bit of gay in them. Straight men don't fantasize about men? Keep telling yourself that, lol. Some may never actually act on it, but don't think they haven't fantasized it. The most homophobic ones are the ones who are in denial.
LittleMissToxic
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Midwinter » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:20 am

LittleMissToxic wrote:
HislilPrincess wrote:
I don't believe there is such thing as Bi Sexuals either. Bisexuals are gay individuals who are in deep denial so therefore they continue having sex with the opposite sex in order to feel normal, safe or hidden from their true nature.

I'm bisexual. I literally get turned on by men and women. If I was just gay, a man would NOT turn me on. I wouldn't even want to be with a man. In fact, I prefer men over women. Does that mean I'm really a straight woman in denial??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, newsflash, most men have a little bit of gay in them. Straight men don't fantasize about men? Keep telling yourself that, lol. Some may never actually act on it, but don't think they haven't fantasized it. The most homophobic ones are the ones who are in denial.

I do not know if you're a straight man or not, but as a straight man I can tell you, I never have fantasized about banging my friends. That is the no-go zone. I have given them a kiss in a drunk play game, sure. But that is far from sexual fantasy.
Midwinter
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 am

Next

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post