Our partner

"Victim"

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: mark1958, Echinacea

"Victim"

Postby Chainsaw » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:54 pm

I really can't stand the fact that there are people coming here to talk about being a victim of a so-called narcissist. Why don't you move on? Talking here doesn't make you "healing faster" or making a narcissist less narcissistic.
Don't ask me for warmth: I will burn down your house :)
Chainsaw
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:15 am
Blog: View Blog (8)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: "Victim"

Postby Siegfried » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:19 pm

So long as the edge doesn't crumble by rust
Siegfried
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:15 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby SquidAye » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Tiberus wrote:Image

half nelson. ah.
"everybody leaves. if they get the chance. and this is my chance."
SquidAye
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:15 pm

Postby Jasmer » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Chainsaw wrote:I really can't stand the fact that there are people coming here to talk about being a victim of a so-called narcissist. Why don't you move on? Talking here doesn't make you "healing faster" or making a narcissist less narcissistic.

I've seen a few nons on this board who are clearly mentally unbalanced, but I think most of them just want to talk about it. Some people find a therapist. Some people have a family and support network they can talk to. Some people have neither of these things and look for something online.

A lot of people seem eager to call themselves a victim of something. I agree it's pathetic, but that's not going to stop them from doing it. I can see why children of NPD parents (not just "narcissistic" but full blown NPD) might consider themselves as much, but there's no excuse for a grown adult staying in a bad relationship long enough to feel all victimy.

People also throw around "narcissist" pretty lightly. A lot of victim blogs are full of black and white thinking and playing the victim. Some of those people have crept onto this board in the past. There's a support thread that I posted in a couple times and was attacked by one such person. It was pretty pathetic.
Dx: NPD, PTSD
Jasmer
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:15 pm

Postby AnalyzingOblivion » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:08 am

Having been on the board years ago as a "victim" of an N I can say that victim mentality is part of what led me straight to another N. I'm a magnet for PD spectrum men. Four long years later I realize why. People are just trying to understand.
AnalyzingOblivion
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:15 pm

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post