Our partner

My intro

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

My intro

Postby dibita » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Morning, afternoon, evening, wherever you are.

I've been diagnosed with NPD + BPD traits earlier this year. I did not like receiving that stamp at first, but reading up on NPD, I realized it fit me to a T. Speaking of, the whole self-awareness issue, I kind of knew I was narcissistic but thought everyone else was just as egotistical and lacking in empathy as I was, so I didn't see it as a huge deal really. To me, the whole narcissism thing was a bit of a joke, something that I often joked around about, but I didn't realize how serious it was until the psychiatrist I was seeing pointed this out - that not everyone had pathological narcissism. That was a major blow to my huge, albeit somewhat fragile ego.

The more I read about NPD, the more sinister it seems, truth be told. But it all makes sense - the grandiosity, entitlement, envy, feelings of being unique and hidden animosity for everyone in the world made complete sense. I will say this, though, I never intended to hurt anyone; I am not sadistic.

There's my intro, I 'spose. Working on myself has been quite an ordeal, but I've made some progress in therapy. Not enough, but some.

Pleasure to meet you all.
dx NPD with OCPD features, SUD (cocaine)
dibita
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:07 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My intro

Postby solstice1962 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:58 pm

Welcome from another Fragile N.
In the words of the song: "I am what I am. And, what I am needs no excuses..."
solstice1962
Consumer 6