Our partner

These types of forums will make you sick

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

These types of forums will make you sick

Postby longshot » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:32 am

if you're not careful

anyone agree? Does anyone else think it's dangerous to try to break away from coping mechanisms?
longshot
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: These types of forums will make you sick

Postby hillyspace » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:47 pm

Not in the same way... but i remember i used to hang out at the BPD forum and thought i had BPD, then i went to the AvPD forum and thought i had AvPD, now i chill here on the NPD forum and i almost think i have NPD; even though i may have something else entirely, or nothing at all.
hillyspace
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby longshot » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:55 pm

hillyspace wrote:Not in the same way... but i remember i used to hang out at the BPD forum and thought i had BPD, then i went to the AvPD forum and thought i had AvPD, now i chill here on the NPD forum and i almost think i have NPD; even though i may have something else entirely, or nothing at all.

You should probably leave these forums then because there is probably nothing wrong (minus some hypochondriasm) with you and you're making yourself sick
longshot
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby hillyspace » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:09 am

longshot wrote:
hillyspace wrote:Not in the same way... but i remember i used to hang out at the BPD forum and thought i had BPD, then i went to the AvPD forum and thought i had AvPD, now i chill here on the NPD forum and i almost think i have NPD; even though i may have something else entirely, or nothing at all.

You should probably leave these forums then because there is probably nothing wrong (minus some hypochondriasm) with you and you're making yourself sick

Yes, slowly i'm pulling away..
hillyspace
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Cluster B Magnet » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:52 pm

If I find myself reading the NPD forum too much, I wind up thinking I have NPD. If I lurk too much in the AsPD one, I'll convince myself that everyone I've ever loved has been a psychopath. I stay clear of the HPD forum though, because that one WILL make me sick.
Dx: Depression, PD-NOS
Rx: Wellbutrin 300mg / Buspar 20mg

Catholic parents, borderline girlfriends – I don’t think I have any capacity for a vanilla relationship
Cluster B Magnet
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby long_shot » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:49 am

Something happened to my first account but thank you for the replies. I am wondering how many people have made their lives worse because of this website vs how many people have healed.
long_shot
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby creepydork » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:21 pm

I agree. I remember when I was in my early teens I had this bout of depression when I started searching for what was wrong with me. Everyday when I came home from school I would search forums (mostly social anxiety ones) and would read every post available on the subject. Reading what other people who were experiencing something similar to what I was experiencing convinced me that everything that I did or would do was ultimately worthless.This continued for 3 years. It was got so bad that I would skip homework because the posts, articles, everything that I was reading made me so depressed.
creepydork
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (21)

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post