Our partner

how to pwNPD view offenses?

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

how to pwNPD view offenses?

Postby brontec » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:05 pm

And what would make some unforgivable while others can be overlooked? Does it depend on what is going on in your life simultaneously? If the person who has offended you is responding to something you have done?
For me, as a non, if I value the person, then I am usually willing to talk things out and salvaget the friendship/relationship, but I realize that to pwNPD, it is not about the relationship as much as what you are getting from the other person.
brontec
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: how to pwNPD view offenses?

Postby voracious_ » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:40 pm

Some will see the offense as completely untrue. Some N's minds do not register the criticism as ever existing, self-deciet again. Some will be deeply hurt and agree. Some will go to 'narcissitc rage' in reaction to offense.
Dx: NPD
voracious_
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby bitty » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:10 am

The thing is, now that I've realised that I'm a narcissist, I'm aware that the offence I take is often mistaken. That gives me the chance to think before I respond.

I did type a longer answer, sorry, but it might hijack this thread, so I've deleted it, and started one of my own.
bitty
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby bitty » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:13 am

Just to add, in the past, I took the most offence when I was feeling pretty bad (as in upset) anyway. So, it was much more about me, not the other person, really.
bitty
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby lolidk » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:14 pm

bitty wrote:Just to add, in the past, I took the most offence when I was feeling pretty bad (as in upset) anyway. So, it was much more about me, not the other person, really.

I'm like this too.
I also tend to become even more overly critical of others and point out every little thing if I'm already pissy.
DX: NPD
lolidk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:30 am

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post