Our partner

Narcissistic Player VS Non Player

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Narcissistic Player VS Non Player

Postby ambitiousinspiring » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:35 pm

This song, in my opinion explains the thought process of a Narcissistic Player vs. a Non Player
Shaggy-It wasn't me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edKj_ZjZjq4

Narcissist: Wasn’t me, would never give her a key 8) , ( He’s the Jamaican sounding dude)
Non: All worried when caught

So what do you guys think? Is there such a thing as a Non and Narcissistic player? What are some other key differences between the two?
ambitiousinspiring
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:31 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Narcissistic Player VS Non Player

Postby Not a Victim » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:59 pm

Surely there are nons that are players. And apparently, anyone can become one with appropriate education. There are books and internet workshops how to become a playa for those who are willing. Neurolinguistic programming at its best :mrgreen:
Not a Victim
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 am

Postby Esquire » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:54 am

Different motivations and potentially different behaviors. The Non who's a player is a guy who likes women and is primarily interested in having sex with as many women as possible simply to satisfy himself physically. The Narc player may or may not have a high sex drive. He may actually have a lot of hangups about sex. But because our culture values men who are able to snag a lot of women, Narc men will often try to become players for the purpose of feeding their egos, not solely for physical pleasure. The primary motivation of the Narc player is to quench his ego, not his sex drive.

In terms of follow through, Narc players are likely to sexually tease women, because again, what they're trying to satisfy is their ego, which involves proving that a woman wants them and being able to brag about it to other men and be deemed a stud. So once a Narc man snags a woman's phone number or garners her interest in having sex with him, he will often lose interest in her because he's already gotten all the supply he needs from her, and going any further with her would cost time and money that could best be spent on something else. The Non who's a player, on the other hand, will almost certainly call a girl if he gets her number, buy her dinner, etc, because his goal is to have sex with her, not just try to make her want him to feed his ego.

Basically, the Non's goal is to make the woman sleep with him, and the Narc's goal is to make the woman want him.
Esquire
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:31 am

Postby piercett » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:21 pm

what about the somatic narcissist though?? Isn't the goal sex? Also how would the man know for sure the woman wants him unless she actually follows through? Women can be teases too and they can be the narcissist too (just trying to see if he wants her)
piercett
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby dherpin » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:05 pm

I don't think the narcissism has anything to do with a persons values on monogamy. I am N and I was loyal and faithful for years. When I was ready to to leave her for someone else, I kicked my girlfriend out in a heartbeat, looking her dead in the eye with no emotion as she cried like a cold hearted killer.
dherpin
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:31 pm

Postby Esquire » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:47 pm

piercett wrote:what about the somatic narcissist though?? Isn't the goal sex? Also how would the man know for sure the woman wants him unless she actually follows through? Women can be teases too and they can be the narcissist too (just trying to see if he wants her)

Well, yeah, the somatic is going to have sex with as many women as possible, but the goal is to feed his ego, which he does by having sex.
Esquire
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Not a Victim » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:40 pm

piercett wrote:Also how would the man know for sure the woman wants him unless she actually follows through? Women can be teases too and they can be the narcissist too (just trying to see if he wants her)

One can want someone very much and not wish to follow through (for whatever reason). I totally agree with the second part of your statement :mrgreen: .
Not a Victim
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 am

Postby ambitiousinspiring » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:45 pm

I agree with piercett. The reason I follow through with women is because I don't know if they want me like that until I sleep with them. It's easy to get a woman's #, it's not hard at all. Women give out #'s for attention/need help, because their bored and want someone to talk to, or just to be nice. Staying in contact with a woman isn't a good way to gauge her desirability for you. Women are very good at feigning interest when in reality their not. The only sure way to know IS to sleep with them.

Another reason why I have sex with women is to control them because I know from experience women who I sleep with are more willing to follow my plans. Around the 4th or 5th time we do what we do she's falling for me, hard. It's only after I know for sure that I get my precious ego boost and can feel safe in moving to the next one. She's more willing to take my "$#%^" if I have sex with her. I love sex but my main reason behind what I do is for the ego boost.

With that said I can see how some narcissists can get their ego boost by thinking they can sleep with any woman they talk to but in reality that's far from the truth, JUST TALKING TO A WOMAN MEANS NOTHING!!!! If a Narcissist can't accomplish something then they just rationalize it away (I can sleep with any of these women, I just don't want to) but in reality it's VERY HARD to seduce a lot of women. Im not talking about the occasional girlfriend or wife, that's easy(you could have just lucked up and met a codependent) but to have multiple women on a consecutive bases is hard.

Another thing everyone cant be a player, narcissist or not. All these self help books and "player" gurus are phony. True their might be a few books out their that can help you but in my experience most guys are lacking confidence and EXPERIENCE when it comes to women, narcissist or not. Ever since I can remember Ive been manipulating and playing women, that's not something I learned in a book. It took years of rejection, practice, and inventiveness to get to where Im at today, to have the mask I can pull over my face in order to seduce women. I sure as hell didn't get here by just getting her # and never calling.
ambitiousinspiring
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:31 am

Postby dherpin » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:36 pm

I have to agree with the above post. But I do think the narcissist is at the advantage. Being master manipulators and people readers, we have an instantaneous and subcouncious ability to discover womens weaknesses and exploit them. I used to brag about influencing women to kiss me and give me their number without ever asking for it. My last girlfriend, who was a hot 23 year old, came up to me and asked to sleep with me, true story. It was only because I had continuously displayed my false self the ego maniac. I told her I had to much on my plate, thus enforcing that false super ego, she then offered to blow me. True story bro. But of course she discovered the real me and broke up with me a year later. I am seeing professional help this Wednesday, I want to make my false ego, my real ego. Whhy its so hard for narcissist to see what they are is because we spend our whole lives in our false world it actually is all we know, so in a way, our false self is our true self.
dherpin
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby uniquelyme » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:08 pm

Its about time I heard someone say that just talking to a woman means nothing! Was beginning to think every guy on the planet was delusional!!!
uniquelyme
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post