Our partner

What type of women are narcissists attracted to?

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: narcbolan, masquerade, Esquire

What type of women are narcissists attracted to?

Postby CelticsPrincess » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:33 pm

What certain attributes in a woman (or a man, if you're a female N) do you find the most appealing? I'm not really talking about physical appearance, I'm more so asking about personality characteristics.
CelticsPrincess
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:10 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What type of women are narcissists attracted to?

Postby babybowrain » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:41 pm

I think narcissits are attracted to shallow people...
babybowrain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:10 pm

Postby narcbolan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:44 pm

Before I got into recovery I was attracted to very chaotic unstable women. I used to think they made me feel alive. I don't think that now, I think I was full of shite.
Everything is happening.
narcbolan
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Postby CelticsPrincess » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:15 am

narcbolan wrote:Before I got into recovery I was attracted to very chaotic unstable women. I used to think they made me feel alive. I don't think that now, I think I was full of shite.

This would make sense.
CelticsPrincess
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby madjoe » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:06 am

narcbolan wrote:Before I got into recovery I was attracted to very chaotic unstable women. I used to think they made me feel alive. I don't think that now, I think I was full of shite.

i like the old you how can i bring him back
some prey perhaps?
how bored are you now narcbolan?
don't you mis the excitement?
madjoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby madjoe » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:20 am

i like fixer-uppers

but really does not matter i get bored with ppl fast (no empathy)
but i still can't help charm the hell out of everyone
even if ther's nothing i want from them
madjoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby BRI22 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:32 am

I'm attracted to naive people or people who are innocent. Those relationships are fairly successful until I realize I'm to evil for them and I give them "it's not you it's me" let go.

Otherwise I'm attracted to people who I think have wronged somebody and I end up manipulating them as a sort of vigilante justice.

Also other narcissists, or wannabe narcs (can you believe there are people who want to be us...I can) 8)
Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Borderline PD, Adjustment Disorder and a pinch of Anti-Social PD = Yours truly.
BRI22
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Postby MrOmega » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:53 pm

BRI22 wrote:I'm attracted to naive people or people who are innocent. Those relationships are fairly successful until I realize I'm to evil for them and I give them "it's not you it's me" let go.

Otherwise I'm attracted to people who I think have wronged somebody and I end up manipulating them as a sort of vigilante justice.

Also other narcissists, or wannabe narcs (can you believe there are people who want to be us...I can) 8)

Bri, I am fairly sure you might have issues believing that you have fallen into a pre-conceived mould of sorts.

You don't sound like a narcissist. Or a narc.

I'm curious, do I sound like someone who fits your description of someone who is attractive?

What certain attributes in a woman (or a man, if you're a female N) do you find the most appealing? I'm not really talking about physical appearance, I'm more so asking about personality characteristics.

I don't know...

So long as they don't try and recruit me to a jesus camp, I'm usually okay with it. Yes that actually happens.

Mind you, there is nothing wrong with Jesus, it's just the incessant recruiting to Jesus Camp which is a turn off.
MrOmega
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby reflection » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:08 am

I think narcissists are attracted to innocence. I also think they are attracted to the qualities that they themselves either wished they possessed or those qualities that would improve their image in some way.

The innocence would play an important role because in the beginning they would need a person to buy into the illusion that they present. To do that there has to be some gullibility or naivety.

That is where they begin to create some form of control. It doesn't take long for the cracks in the facade to begin to show.

Just my opinion.
reflection
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby BRI22 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:09 am

reflection wrote:I think narcissists are attracted to innocence. I also think they are attracted to the qualities that they themselves either wished they possessed or those qualities that would improve their image in some way.

The innocence would play an important role because in the beginning they would need a person to buy into the illusion that they present. To do that there has to be some gullibility or naivety.

That is where they begin to create some form of control. It doesn't take long for the cracks in the facade to begin to show.

Just my opinion.

I absolutely agree with attraction to innocence (as I very much am) and with your opinion overall.

MrOmega wrote:
BRI22 wrote:I'm attracted to naive people or people who are innocent. Those relationships are fairly successful until I realize I'm to evil for them and I give them "it's not you it's me" let go.

Bri, I am fairly sure you might have issues believing that you have fallen into a pre-conceived mould of sorts.

You don't sound like a narcissist. Or a narc.

I'm curious, do I sound like someone who fits your description of someone who is attractive?
/quote]

Sorry you can't judge someones disorder off of a few sentences, I am a diagnosed narc buddy with ASPD and BPD.
Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Borderline PD, Adjustment Disorder and a pinch of Anti-Social PD = Yours truly.
BRI22
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Next

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post