Our partner

help me do I have this?

Munchausen Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Terry E.

help me do I have this?

Postby hlh73 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:45 pm

I'm afraid I have munchausen syndrom or factitious disorder. I do things for attention and have my whole life. I've been hospitalized 3 seperate times in psychiatric hospitals. Once for a month. Here are the things I have done for attention, What do you think?

age 7 Prayed for a week to be raped in the bathroom of my gymnastics class, I prepared for it, and was very dissapointed when it didn't happen. I wanted someone to take care of me and rescue me, I wanted to be taked care of

Age 15 giving myself black eyes and going to school looking for attention.

age 15-20 cutting my arms, I wanted people to notice and be concerned

age 23 giving myself bloody noses around my roommates and claiming I didn't know how it started.

age 25 Faked an attack from my brother. Hit my head with a bottle repeatedly and cut it with a razor, I got drunk and went to my home where my roomates were and pretened to have a concussion for 3 days. Went to the er and pretended to have a concussion and had an MRI

Age 26-38 Developed anorexia, I believe it intially stared for attention and I still seek attention from it

Age 36 started cutting my labia and was depressed and was admitted to a hospital for a month, where I continued to steal plastic knives and cut myself. I knew this looked seriouse and I wanted people to think I needed help.

age 37 Overdosed on lamictal after I had developed a rash. My psychiatris told me to stop taking it immediatly and instead I overdosed on it. I wanted to have a worse reaction something more seriouse

Age 37 overdosing on medication for attention, wanted to get back into the hopital.

I'm 38 now and am in my eating disorder again, I want people to be concered and take care of me.
hlh73
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: help me do I have this?

Postby jasmin » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi, hlh73! We can't give you a diagnosis here, but it certainly sounds like something is wrong. It's ok to want attention and for someone to love you. Do you have a therapist or psych doctor that you could talk to about this? You are brave for opening up about it and admitting that you have a problem. Now, you have to try and find a way to heal or get things under control.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:17 pm

Postby manipulationiskey » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:05 am

lol doesn't not getting any comments on this make you upset since no one is giving you attention?
manipulationiskey
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:17 pm

Postby jasmin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:23 pm

Don't harass this poster, manipulationiskey.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby hlh73 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Thanks Jasimn for your reply. I do have a psychiatrist that I might tell this stuff to next time I see him.
hlh73
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:17 pm

Postby jasmin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:24 pm

Good luck! You can print your post and use it as a guide for what you will say to him. It's going to be ok.
forum-rules.php
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Munchausen Syndrome Forum