Our partner

Munchi cravings and counselling services

Munchausen Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Terry E.

Re: Munchi cravings and counselling services

Postby CrackedGirl » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:11 am

Let me know how it goes

With the marks I would do what makes you feel most comfortable - there is no right answer

Hugs

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:54 am
Blog: View Blog (177)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Emm' » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:58 pm

so they are referring me because counselling services is too full to be able to follow clients more than 6 sessions. it means it won't be free, the insurance will be invovled so i will have to tell my mum in one way or another, and i don't feel confortable to tell her about the cuts, and if i don't i hate how she's gonna thing i'm going for no reason. it's also gonna be something like 80 dollars a month plus the public transportation. i don't like that. i don't really want this anymore but the psy from counselling said she will be in contact to see who i'm deciding to pick from the little list she gave me, etc. and i can't do anything else now until i fix this, stressing me out. so i'll have to call i guess. hm.

also, how is it than in america most poeple for therapy are social workers? where i come from it's either a psychologist or a psychiatrist, kinda wierd...
and all the research i'm doing on the internet about the places and the therapist are very triggering as well. i slept all afternoon because of this lol
oh well enough complaning. i just don't really feel like i really need that anymore. sometimes
Emm'
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Emm' » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:09 pm

it's the stinkin munchy part of me, the one that wants to destroy me, who doesn't want to go there. anyway, i left a message. will see how this goes... i just still change perspectives quickly so i don't really know what i want
Emm'
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby CrackedGirl » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:01 pm

Sounds difficult to adjust to

I think that it will be helpful tho. I dont know about the states but my therapist was a social worker previously and she was really good.

I hope that you can get some help

Huge hugs

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Emm' » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:26 am

thanks!

i had to make several calls, for now it's complicated cause none of the people i was refered to can accept my insurance. i have to wait until next week and see what the psy says, nobody calls/e-mails back on week ends. hopefully it will work out eventually
Emm'
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby CrackedGirl » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:26 am

Emm' wrote:thanks!

i had to make several calls, for now it's complicated cause none of the people i was refered to can accept my insurance. i have to wait until next week and see what the psy says, nobody calls/e-mails back on week ends. hopefully it will work out eventually

Hope things get sorted soon for you with this - let me know

Hugs

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Emm' » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi!

Just posting a quick update -

I'm back to my country now, gave up on finding a therapist during the second semester, but

I've FINALLY told my mum about it (not the munchie part but the whole crazy phase, the self harm...). She didn't freak out like I thought she would, and we agreed I needed to see someone, so as soon as I'm settled out for next schoolyear (that is, when I'm sure i know where i live and all), she's gonna make sure I find a therapist and she's ok to pay for it. So that's awesome. Hopefully it will make things get better and I'll be able to go forward with my life eventually.
Of course it's kind of stressful to know she knows, because in my mind I haven't given up on cutting yet, so it makes me feel calmer to know i'll see someone every week or two. So far I can control myself though, but it helps to know i will have help soon.

So if anyone who read that thread is feeling similar to me or to what i felt like in the begining, you're not loosing anything in getting help, even if you feel you're making everything up, the point is that you're struggling and as long as you stay honest with the therapist and with yourself, go for it, you have more to loose by not going than by going.
Emm'
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby CrackedGirl » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:15 am

So glad things are getting sorted and that you are going to get some help.

I hope that others here are inspired by you - hugs

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Emm' » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:16 am

hate to admit that i did not pursue with seeking help
i do still have the technical possibility to do so, but somehow kept procastinate and procastinate and eventually couldn't come to do it
afraid of being judged, put into a box, and afraid of getting better and of coming to the end of therapy, too. and feeling guilty already for the pleasure getting a therapist's attention might bring me.
i have self harmed much less this year, but mostly restraining from the will to do it because i'v been living with my mum again and it's hard to hide. i did target other parts of my boddy but at the same time i don't want to risk damaging it more. the urge is still kind of the same though, it's like i'm waiting to release it when i'll be more free to do so (when i'll live on my own again..but that's not happening at least in the months to come)
i'm not in the same mental state i was when i started this thread, but not either in the state i was when i stopped harming and decided to seek help. Sort of in between, and more like i was before it got worse.
i tend to feel like i'm sick of all these thoughts and i'd better harm myself again like i used to, in a coward way because it's like acting instead of driving myself crazy with thoughts that make me feel stupipd, ashamed and worthless. What i'm feeling tonight kind of reminds me of how i felt then, when i didn't know what feeling was real or fake, felt sort of detached from myself. And mostly angry. But i still have control, i won't hurt myself tonight.
I'm looking for a job in a high school/middle school and it stresses me out a bit, it reminds me of my teen years and i find it triggering. But hopefully having a job will bring more stability to my life/sleep patterns and provide me with more energy to finish my degree.

i'm glad there is this forum to talk about these things. I'd better go to sleep now
Emm'
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Previous

Return to Munchausen Syndrome Forum