Our partner

Munchi cravings and counselling services

Munchausen Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Terry E.

Re: Munchi cravings and counselling services

Postby CrackedGirl » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:39 am

Hi

If you are struggling to talk to counselling services do you think you could book an appt with your GP specifically to talk about your arm. It might be that they are helpful and can think of some stuff to address the situation. How are you feeling today?

hugs

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue May 23, 2017 4:15 am
Blog: View Blog (177)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Emm' » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:27 am

well i don't really fee like going back to the gp for this...besides it isn't free lol.

the thing is, and i do know how childish that is but i'm just being honest, i just wish someone would make a step towards me, you know, like, so i don't have to reach out to anyone myself. I know it doesn't work that way and that's normal and it shouldn't work that way, if you want something reach for it yourself, this is reality. I know that. But that's how i feel.
And it actually what happened that time when that person made me speak to them. they came to me. But thinking about it I realised that i brought attention on myself, without doing so consciously or anything, i just was completely transparent that day, you could see there was a problem, it was obvious. Good for me but i really didn't mean to. Now i'm carefull and always put myself together so it deosn"t happen again. But it feels so unfair deep Inside cause i'm just turning away from any listening i could get, like really turning away and i hate myself for doing that (i don't go around holding a pannel "i feel so great leave me alone" but it sometimes feels as if i did. but then i don't wanna act sad or anything just to get more attention! so i just walk away), at the same time it feels like the right thing to do. the moral thing to do. but that brings me back to something that have been a cause of why i'm like that in a first place, never talking, or even taking away from myself things i really want, just taking them away.
i can't believe i'm like that again. aaarg i'm so mad at myself for that.
but as long as i'm cutting i feel like i'm freezing time and can think more about what i'll do about that. Well not always, i'm also tired of having control on everything all the time and..oh well.
Emm'
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue May 23, 2017 3:15 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby CrackedGirl » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:54 am

I understand about wanting someone to make the step towards you rather than you having to approach them. I think this is pretty usual for a lot of ppl for a variety of reasons. Totally understandable

Hugs

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Emm' » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:13 pm

it's funny sometimes cause in a way it's as if i was replaying the past but this time trying to turn things the way i wish things had turned out then. just thought about that today. i'm like three people, me now, me then, and some ficttional character. something like that. which would be why it feels like watching it play sometimes. interesting.
Emm'
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby CrackedGirl » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:07 pm

Emm' wrote:it's funny sometimes cause in a way it's as if i was replaying the past but this time trying to turn things the way i wish things had turned out then. just thought about that today. i'm like three people, me now, me then, and some ficttional character. something like that. which would be why it feels like watching it play sometimes. interesting.

I think what you describe here is not uncommon. It might be that you are doing this for good reason

Hugs

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Emm' » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:52 pm

hi,

so i hesitated posting back here... I feel completely different now, i don't know what happened and how and why, but with only a few transitional days, i basically woke up one morning thinking "what the F*** ???!"
For two months or so I wasn't myself AT ALL, now i feel much more grounded although i have to be careful with my thoughts because it can still skip back, that's how i feel. Only now i can see there's a problem there, i don't want to get into that state again cause it's obsessive and i get so sure that i'm faking everything that there is just no way i can get any kind of help so i decided i'll go to counselling to understand what happened and do so before it happens again and makes me unable to reach out to anyone. I'm thinking of going next week, eventhough it does make me very nervous and it's still a sort of trigger, but so much less!
it's ackward and a little scary to think i can almost change my personality like this, loose myself like this with no real control over it. Thinking back i basically have two hazy foggy months that make a whole in the semester. it's not like i don't have any memory of it, but it's like, it's foggy and seems unreal just like it felt unreal then.
about the cutting, i calmed down on it but it still a sensitive issue as the major reason i calmed down is that i have lots of marks right now and having them sometimes makes me feel secure. sometimes i'll look at my arm and think wtf was i thinking, how on earth, now it's gonna stay sliced like this, it's ugly! other times it'll make me feel calm. the thought of cutting, some days it makes me feel sick, others it's triggering; i did have one trigger since i got better and ended up cutting although i was trying not to, but that was a week ago. and only one cut.
oh, and i don't feel like an attention seeker at all now lol. nor do i feel fake... so yeah, just wanted to update.

my theory is that i just got a very big addition of triggers all together. The state i was in for two month is not something new, it did hapen before (i say two months but it was slowly preparing since about four month earlier), i remember once, it lasted only two hours, i did about 4 or 6 cuts and when i got back to normal it did feel quite disturbing.
Emm'
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby CrackedGirl » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:23 am

Glad to hear that things have settled down a bit for you having all been a bit difficult. I think that counselling would help a lot with all of this

Sending hugs

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Emm' » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:06 pm

did it!
i called counselling services today and i'm going tomorrow... wasn't easy to do and it makes feel very nervous and triggered, but i 'm happy i did, at the same time
Emm'
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby CrackedGirl » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:03 pm

Emm' wrote:did it!
i called counselling services today and i'm going tomorrow... wasn't easy to do and it makes feel very nervous and triggered, but i 'm happy i did, at the same time

A HUGE well done to you about this - that is so good. Let me know how it goes - you have done the right thing :D

Hugs

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Emm' » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:54 pm

thanks...
i feel really wierd now. came home and just fell asleep! lol
their policy apparently is to see you at least twice before they comment what you tell them. so i'm going back after the break.

still dunno what to do with the marks when i go home next week.. hide it from my mum or be honest? hmm.
Emm'
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

PreviousNext

Return to Munchausen Syndrome Forum