Our partner

The way it is

Munchausen by Proxy message board, open discussion, and online support group.

The way it is

Postby jilkens » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:32 am

I loathe how hospitals are more familiar to me than loving relationships.
Blame it on me, but know that I won't regret one iota.
jilkens
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 am
Blog: View Blog (3)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: The way it is

Postby salted lipstick » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:38 am

I'm sorry it is like that for you ladyswan. :(

Has there been anything that has happened recently that has triggered this feeling out in you that caused you to want to comment here? How are you doing at the moment?
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby jilkens » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:11 am

A few things at once actually.

My mom is going to be in town for Christmas and found out where I live. She's been telling everyone about how much she wants to spend time with her granddaughter and my first instinct is to go into hiding to protect my child from her, but I have nowhere to go.

My dad heard that she'd be here too, and decided to leave town last night until she's gone again. So I have no backup. My husband's in a depression the past 6 months and said that he doesn't consider me family. ...What exactly am I supposed to say to that?

Then I found out our family doctor is moving her practice elsewhere in a few months. I'm in the process of applying for disability status to get some help from the gov with work & training and finally just learned to trust this doctor. It takes a very long time for me to trust a doctor and I like this one.

So basically the people I want to be there for me have left, are leaving, or don't care and the person I'd rather stay 5 time zones away from is gonna stalk me. I'm already dissociating from the stress.
jilkens
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby salted lipstick » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:01 am

Oh, that all sounds like a very bad bunch of things at once. I'm very sorry to hear that...

How did your mother manage to find out where you live? Can you just tell her to go away from you and call the cops if she refuses to leave your front door?
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby jilkens » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:19 am

Someone in the family must have told her.

The worse part in all of this is that a few hours after she left my husband went for a walk and didn't come back. The cops called me later that night to say he was in the hospital, behaving like he'd overdosed on alcohol and a mix of other drugs. His toxicology screen was clean, though. The doc said that it appeared to be a seizure but people who have seizures usually don't black out for 7 hours and then go into a catatonic stupor until the next day. I think my mom poisoned him.
jilkens
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Munchausen by Proxy