Our partner

Am I nuts or was this MBP?

Munchausen by Proxy message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Am I nuts or was this MBP?

Postby Terry E. » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:18 pm

and Clare how are you, hope all is going well..
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby clairaD » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:23 pm

Thanks. I've been good. I think I've seen three countries since we last spoke. I get around. 8)
Life has it's occasional triggers, but that's just life.
I hope you've been well.
clairaD
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Terry E. » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:38 am

Doing real well actually. I have my days, but overall cannot complain. My life remains interesting and I have developed a dread of the mundane. You know those invites to the in laws parties (Christmas & Birthdays) where I do not want to ask "how are you", ....

"well the kids are ...the grand kids are... and at work I had to.. well you know ... work"....

now I know why people drink at these things ... the boredom..

well luckily for me I have a niece

been watching her for years. My brother in Law divorced when she was 1 and her mum wound up in an abusive relationship. The other issue is that her mum is maybe 95 on the IQ scale. So poor kid wound up with neglect and violence as a child. She has never admitted to being hit (we usually don't share that info) but I knew things were wrong. She would never change clothes in our house when we gave her pretty new dresses, she was a master manipulator of her old Dad, guilt-ed the poor guy to near neurosis, but she also was developmentally delayed. Her mum left when she was 16 and did she ever grow after that. Very tall now. Pretty sure she had Kasper Hauser Syndrome, and you don't get that in happy homes.

I am the only one who understands what she went through. Each time we meet she opens up a little more. I wish I had had someone like that years ago. At least it takes the mind numbing of these in-law gatherings.

Started collecting comic art, keeping fit but not competing anymore, used to throw and lift in Masters categories internationally, and started lobbying to have Child Abuse PTSD treated seriously by the legal profession, just as schizophrenia now is.

Trying to get a Survivor support group run in Sydney, bigger task to do it right that I first thought, but still working on it and coming to the conclusion that if I work a little more at myself I can be even happier.

and huge thank you for all the info you provided, I cannot thank you enough..
Terry E.

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby missy7 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:17 am

First off Terri I'm so very sorry for what your mom did to you, it's horrible. Your so brave and strong coming out with your story and helping others. Thank you for that. What really stands out is how you connected some of your memories. Your so right, my mom was so good at manipulation and getting her way. Undetected and stealth. I've had some of those moments omg moments. Not many but I know what your explaining. I guess I'm still in the process of figuring out what's real, and what's not. My mind still wants to fight itself by downplaying it but I'm learning to just let the process be. But your story has really made me aware of some new angles.
missy7
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Munchausen by Proxy