Our partner

Adult survivors...

Munchausen by Proxy message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Adult survivors...

Postby ImACamp » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:48 am

... I am an adult survivor of MBPS. My mother has it. I was abused by both parents growing up and have dealt with my father's abuse. I think that I am finally ready to deal with what my momther has done to me.

I found a journal of my mother's in my dad's things and by reading it, it made her seem like she was truly guilty for what she had been doing. I wonder if my therapy to deal with this will lead to me talking with her. I don't remember her from my childhood because I was doped up all the time. After reading that journal, she seemed so much more human and made me want to talk with her. I have no idea what her childhood was like, and I know that's what causes MBPS. I guess... I'd just like to know.

Has anyone else dealt with this?

A little background... I know it started when I was about 9 months old... I had a feveral seizure... she hung on to that and started suffocating me and then calling an ambulance saying that I had a seizure. She almost killed me a handful of times. I was on heavy narcotics, so I don't remember most of my childhood... well, that coupled with the abuse. My brothers remember absolutely everything (MBPS never touched them, really) but they don't want to talk about the horrifics. I really just want people that understand.
Healthy survivor of MBPS
ImACamp
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:42 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Adult survivors...

Postby CrackedGirl » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi

I am sorry to hear about what you have been through

I have moved this to the MSBP forum as I believe it is more appropriate there.

I hope things work out for you

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (177)

Postby jilkens » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi ImACamp,

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I have to make sure to be in the right frame of mind when coming into this subforum.

Dealing with the past abuse is a long & hard process, not gonna lie. I've been in therapy for that one specific issue for about 2 years now. The residual problems it caused were addressed in treatment but they still linger.

ImACamp wrote: I have no idea what her childhood was like, and I know that's what causes MBPS. I guess... I'd just like to know.

I've heard so much bullcrap from my mom and her family to justify all the hurt she causes. Most of it sounds like total fabrications because nobody can "remember" the stuff happening except for my mom, but they believe her anyway because hey - why would she lie? Stuff like an abusive father (he was not abusive and took care of me often as a child), being raped by a neighbor with her friend (which her friend denies), being abandoned by her mother because she had to work, brothers who picked on her, etc etc etc. She's sick and that's all there is to it. It's a factitious disorder and as such, if there's nothing there she will fabricate it. Guess what I'm trying to say is that hoping for closure in the form of reasons won't make you feel better.

I understand about wanting to be understood. Since she's likely poisoned everyone within earshot against you, it's going to be hard for them to understand because they already were told what to think. It sounds as though your brothers already do understand and are scared as hell about what they remember. Nobody wants to think of their mother that way, so capable of abuse and causing pain.

Sorry I can't be of more help than that.

It helped me quite a bit to read the stories on this forum because I felt so alone with all of it. Learning that other survivors were damaged in the same ways and still struggle with family issues was comforting in its own way. I hope you find this place to be helpful as well.
Blame it on me, but know that I won't regret one iota.
jilkens
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:42 am
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby booboo6451 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi, I know this is a post from a long time ago but can't resist posting I had a step daughter who I now know is a muncher. She had what people refer to as the perfect storm in her childhood. Her mom was sick and died of cancer. Her father paid a lot of attention to mom and received a lot of attention from the nursing staff and DR. so she saw this and to this day her person she has to get attention from is Dad. When I married her Dad she use to battle for attention from him to the point that I told him to stop getting me flowers and candy because she would demand that he get her the same only better or more expensive which creeped me out to the max she acted more like his wife or girlfriend than his daughter which really creeped me out. Her Grandma even told her to stop acting like that I think it was humiliating to Grandma and she lived in TEnn. We lived in Mich. She was 16 when I married her Dad. So what I'm saying is yes there was a perfect storm in her childhood but she made decisions along the way. She was upset that her Grandma told her to stop that but chose to believe that I was the problem between her and her Grandma. Just like with a sociopath they have tragedy in their lives also or abuse usually but they make decisions along the way that make them who they are.

-- Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:16 pm --

Hi, I know this is a post from a long time ago but can't resist posting I had a step daughter who I now know is a muncher. She had what people refer to as the perfect storm in her childhood. Her mom was sick and died of cancer. Her father paid a lot of attention to mom and received a lot of attention from the nursing staff and DR. so she saw this and to this day her person she has to get attention from is Dad. When I married her Dad she use to battle for attention from him to the point that I told him to stop getting me flowers and candy because she would demand that he get her the same only better or more expensive which creeped me out to the max she acted more like his wife or girlfriend than his daughter which really creeped me out. Her Grandma even told her to stop acting like that I think it was humiliating to Grandma and she lived in TEnn. We lived in Mich. She was 16 when I married her Dad. So what I'm saying is yes there was a perfect storm in her childhood but she made decisions along the way. She was upset that her Grandma told her to stop that but chose to believe that I was the problem between her and her Grandma. Just like with a sociopath they have tragedy in their lives also or abuse usually but they make decisions along the way that make them who they are.
booboo6451
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:42 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Munchausen by Proxy

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post