Our partner

My crown

Mens health message board, open discussion, and online support group.

My crown

Postby crabtree123 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:56 am

Edit: Nevermind
Last edited by crabtree123 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
crabtree123
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I'm going bald at the crown of my head

Postby Chucky » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:18 pm

Hi Chair,

I just noticed this thread had been unanswered for a while. It's known for hair to fall out due to poor diet - yes - but also due to stress and such. then again, genetics plays a key too. Have you managd to find any more info since posting?

Kevin
psychforums.com rules:
http://www.psychforums.com/forum-rules.php

Please send me a private message if you need help with anything.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:12 am

Postby Leviathan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:57 am

Does baldness run in your family? It could be genetic, if your mother's father was bald then you may have inherited a bald gene.

Male pattern baldness starts at the crown, and then at the front, until gradually it recedes over the middle and all hair is gone from the top.
Leviathan
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:12 am

Postby human » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:00 am

my husband experienced hair loss, there is no panacea for it, but there are some quite effective hair loss treatments, see here

http://www.men-and-health.com/
human
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby f mae » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:55 am

Chair wrote:For the past few months, I've been depressed about my hair becoming extremely thin on the crown of my head.

I'm only twenty-three years old (barely), so it seems odd that my hair would be so thin already.

I'm thinking that the main reason for my hair becoming so thin on the top of my head is due to me rapidly losing weight late last year/early this year; I lost close to 100 pounds within half a year or so.

I'm not sure if this is MPB (Male Pattern Baldness) or not.... what do you think?

What's the secret to the weight loss? And why not just razor it clean? It does feel good clean shaven does it not? Not exactly what you wanted to hear, I have a full head of hair but every once in a while I shave it all off and I feel great about it. And if I were to go bald I would be content with shaving it constantly.
"That evil face of God hates me like the rest."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqIukSoYmT8
f mae
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:12 am

Postby rhayes1964 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Listen, stop drinking Drano and your hair loss will go away! :P
rhayes1964
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:12 am

Postby benedictus57 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:32 am

No disrespect and nothing personal towards other posters in this thread but for me personally growing bald with a crown in my head doesn't fizz me the slightest. Hmm; vanity of all vanities, it neither adds or nor does it takes away from a man's look as far as I'm concerned. Narrow minded people almost always judge both women and men by exterior superficial looks the same way they prejudge books by covers. Too bad these same people who judge lack the vision to see people with their hearts.
It takes courage to live through suffering; and it takes honesty to observe it. C. S. Lewis
To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.
G. K. Chesterton.
benedictus57
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:12 am

Postby miromirante » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:57 pm

f mae wrote:
Chair wrote:For the past few months, I've been depressed about my hair becoming extremely thin on the crown of my head.

I'm only twenty-three years old (barely), so it seems odd that my hair would be so thin already.

I'm thinking that the main reason for my hair becoming so thin on the top of my head is due to me rapidly losing weight late last year/early this year; I lost close to 100 pounds within half a year or so.

I'm not sure if this is MPB (Male Pattern Baldness) or not.... what do you think?

What's the secret to the weight loss? And why not just razor it clean? It does feel good clean shaven does it not? Not exactly what you wanted to hear, I have a full head of hair but every once in a while I shave it all off and I feel great about it. And if I were to go bald I would be content with shaving it constantly.

I like your avatar....
Shaving is good anytime if your life allows you, mean about work, friends etc..
I'm A MAN with HIGH PERFORMANCE :)
miromirante
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Return to Mens Health