Our partner

Salutations!

New member to Psychforums, come give us a post and tell us a bit about yourself.

Salutations!

Postby Digital Witness » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:41 am

Hey guys! My name's Shane, I'm 22, and I primarily have schizoaffective disorder.

It comes in the form of a lot of paranoid symptoms. I was originally diagnosed with bipolar 1, then I realized that my constant hallucinations and delusions weren't normal. :P hahaha.
My symptoms are generally severe most of the time (anxiety, insomnia, depression, hallucinations, delusions, being unmotivated & uninterested in stuff), but I'm quite used to it and am medicated as well as possible.
It's suspected that I've had it since birth, due to the fact I remember having extremely vivid hallucinations (visual and auditory), insomnia, agitation, and manic symptoms as early as I can remember!

My hobbies include playing guitar/bass/drums/singing, songwriting, producing music (casually), writing (poetry, stories, lyrics), gaming, working out/bodybuilding, studying languages (self-taught German, Greek, some Russian), being a pop-culture buff, cooking, watching weird movies, playing tennis, and a lot more :)

I've been treatment since age 14, hospitalized about 6 times, been in residential treatment for 6 months, groups, activities, you name it.

All of this has been causing me to feel very out of place and alone. Not so much in a way where I feel like a lame person, but I just can't relate to others, and others can't relate to me. My diagnosis has made finding a job and working impossible (I've tried multiple times and have failed every time).

I live with my parents, luckily, and spend most of my time doing what I can manage. I keep my friends at a comfortable distance, and have not been in a relationship since June 2014.

Most importantly, I don't want to come across as "blah screw everything" in this post. It would be cool to talk to people on here about this kind of stuff, because honestly none of my friends truly understand. I hope to post a lot more and get to know you guys! :mrgreen:
Meds:

Zyprexa - 7.5mg
Depakote - 500mg
Lithium - 900mg
Benztropine - 1mg

"Reject the basic assumption of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions"
- Lou, Fight Club
Digital Witness
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:52 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Salutations!

Postby Creatures lie here » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:19 pm

Hey there,
You have a lot of hobbies! For talking I am not the right person, I guess, because I haven't had a hallucination my whole life. *mod edit* But I wanted to say 'Hi' because your post was congenial. What kind of music do you like? I like every kind. I really like music. If your looking for someone to speak german to: I speak pretty good german as well.
It's nice to meet you:
Last edited by Snaga on Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: might find another way of getting insight into that not too sure about the wording
Creatures lie here
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:52 pm

Re: Salutations!

Postby Digital Witness » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:18 am

Sorry for the late response!

Also, no worries about the hallucination thing, it's good that you don't have any haha.

I like pretty much every type of music except most country, lol. I've been told my taste in music is "eclectic". How about you?

And it's nice to meet you as well!
If you want to talk more, I could send you a message, It'd probably be better than chatting on this string :mrgreen:
Meds:

Zyprexa - 7.5mg
Depakote - 500mg
Lithium - 900mg
Benztropine - 1mg

"Reject the basic assumption of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions"
- Lou, Fight Club
Digital Witness
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:52 am

Return to Member introduction

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post