Our partner

Feeling worse when starting a new drug means it will work?

Medication message board, open discussion, and online support

Moderator: Wally58

Forum rules
We are not professionals on this site, nor are any of the members. Always consult with your physician or other doctor about any type of medications.

Feeling worse when starting a new drug means it will work?

Postby Ever81 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:06 pm

I have tried six different antidepressants and four different mood stabilizers. The first five ADs and the first three mood stabilizers gave me plenty of side effects, but didn't affect me depression in any way, neither for better or worse. The sixth AD however, Cymbalta, made me feel more depressed when I started taking it, and also with every dosage increase. But it turned out to be the AD that finally made me feel better, in the long run.

I am now titrating the fourth mood stabilizer, Lamictal, and this drug is also making me feel worse with every increase. It hasn't made me feel better yet, but I am still on a low dose, 75mg.

So, my question to you all is - what has been your experience? Has the drug that worked for you made you feel worse in the beginning? Or have you felt more depressed because of a drug without it making you feel better in the long run?

Is it a sign that the drug will work for you if it makes your depression worse in the beginning?
Ever81
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:42 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Feeling worse when starting a new drug means it will work?

Postby lifeispainful » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:44 am

It's hard to say...lexapro makes my depression worse.Its improved my depression in the first month.After that it's worse.I don't remember about Cymbalta.

Lamictal is good .I take 150 mg ( Lamitor ) . But it takes 2-4 weeks to feel the benifts.It's my experience.

Did you say that to your pdoc ?
lifeispainful
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:42 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Medication

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post