Our partner

Zoloft?

Medication about Anti-Depressants message board, open discussion, and online support.
Forum rules
We are not professionals on this site, nor are any of the members. Always consult with your physician or other doctor about any type of medications.

Postby lonley fading » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:25 am

I'm not entirley sure what all those acryonyms mean.

I have severe depression w/paranoid personality disorder, I have been diagnosed with ODD and something elese before. Its been a while since ive been throughly tested. Possible Skitzoaffective or something.

That is whats going to be kinda hard is the PPD. Why I hate being without him other then the fact that I get really lonley now. I start tommrow less I already mentioned that fact. Not really looking forward to it at all.

Honestly I don't really want to go myself but Im going because he wants me to.. I'll also have a better idea of what I have specifically too because those tests were taken when I was 14 or so and im 21 now.
lonley fading
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Butterfly Faerie » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:21 am

Sorry S.A.D means Seasonal Affective Disorder... I also have clincal Depression. GAD means Generalized Anxiety Disorder and PTSD is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

I was diagnosed at 15 I think, and I 'm 25 now. Well the PTSD didn't get diagnosed until later, but I've had anxiety and depression since then, either at 15 or 16...

So yeah, about 9 years now.
It's hard to deal with there is alot of stuff that I was unable to accomplish because of this stuff. Hopefully I will be able too one day. Some days are extremely hard for me. Especially this time of year...
Butterfly Faerie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:41 am

Postby lonley fading » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:34 pm

awe, yea I heard some people's depression can get worse in the winter time. I don't know mines just kind of all the time.

Today was my first day, it was ok. Though I don't know if I really like being there. The most annoying thing is the people (staff) I dunno. I'm not around alot of people usually and don't really enjoy other people's conversations. Its a combination of psychatry, group therapy and meditational therapy. I was so tired today though since Im not use to waking up so early.

The psy doesn't want me to drink for 6 weeks that sucks. Just glad to be home right now. Oh and they put me on a diffrent medication I have Welburtron XL right now.
lonley fading
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Butterfly Faerie » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:06 am

I deal with depression all year round as well. Some days are better then others, around this time of year until at least April is my worse time depression wise, or dark, cloudy gloomy days, it sucks.

First days for anything is rough, give it a few days you might find it helpful...
Butterfly Faerie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby lonley fading » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:52 pm

I spent most of the day crying... I hate group therapy. I am not a sociable person. I know how to meditate and being around all these people all day telling me stuff I already know is only making my depression worse. I don't know what to do.
lonley fading
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Butterfly Faerie » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:58 am

I can see how it can be over-whelming. My psychiatrist wanted me to get into Group Therapy for anxiety, and i've refused it. I'm already doing one on one with her, don't want to do anymore than what I am comfortable with.

Maybe you would be better one on one?
Butterfly Faerie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby lonley fading » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:40 pm

I quit I just can't take it. Sometimes it seems like nothings really going to help. Just have to try something elese.
lonley fading
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Re: Zoloft?

Postby catherinebell » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:06 am

I'm not sure if I said this before but Im starting more intesnse therapy soon where ill be in it for 6 hours a day talking to a psychatrist group therapy and alot of other stuff what exactly im not entirley sure.

Huntsville Single Mom
catherinebell
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 am

Postby HAPPYafterHOURS » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:48 am

I took zoloft for about 5 years. 3 years steady, and 2 years off and on(missing doses) before i stopped taking it.

The reason i stopped taking it regularly was because i felt a position which most people have described as emotional numbness.
> i guess i couldn't feel sorry or feel what other people were feeling :|
HAPPYafterHOURS
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:41 am

Postby snowgirl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:44 am

I first liked zoloft when I tried it for a few months. I had prozac first. The problem was how it modified my serotonin levels too much (I felt funny). It is an SSRI and they can be hard to come off of. I came off prozac no problems, but zoloft really bothered me coming off. I don't take anything now except lyrica (works on gaba receptors) for my fibro.
snowgirl
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Anti-Depressants

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post