I've tried a number of books on memory but they haven't helped. I can't even do the tasks they propose. But thanks for the recommendation
- I'll make a mental note to have a look at it (if I can remember to!).
There are a number of other problems:
- No sexual attraction. I know this doesn't have to be a problem, and that asexuality is a recognised phenomenon, but I reckon it's related to the others. There's also something called hypoactive sexual desire disorder. At any rate, I haven't felt this for years. I did have some vague fetishistic turn-ons when a teenager, but they are gone, and I don't know whether I forced them upon myself.
- Lack of motivation. I find it very difficult to motivate myself to complete even the basic / menial tasks I can do. So it takes incredible effort to get up from my desk to re-fill coffee supplies often, for example.
- Lack of interest. I find hardly anything pleasurable. All my old hobbies now take incredible effort, and I get horrendous words in my mind if I persist doing something I find difficult. Although exciting action movies can occupy my mind, when I'm socialising I get horrendous words invading my mind, or I simply don't think of anything at all. Boredom might be one way of putting it, but with everything. And no way of escaping.
- Words in my mind. I don't get voices in my head, but rather verbal thoughts / words in my mind, that tend to say taboo / offensive / horrendous things. They tend to come when I'm trying to do something I label 'advanced' / that I find difficult.
- Delusional beliefs. I occasionally get bizarre beliefs, such as that there is a conspiracy of people. I don't act on them, and I can sometimes sort of tell they are false, so I am deemed to have partial insight. I am on medication for these, and they come very rarely now, and only for a few minutes. So these are not a problem, but they have been in the past.
But the main problem is that I am unable to think, as this affects my employment. Either offensive words or nothing comes to mind when I try to work on a project, write something, analyze something, brainstorm ideas and so on. I think this has always been there, but it has come to the fore as increased demands have been made on me.
Would you be able to help?