Our partner

Hypochondria & germaphobia

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderators: masquerade, Otter, sabrdawg

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Hypochondria & germaphobia

Postby Supersonicfreak15 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:55 am

hi there, i didnt quite know where else to post this so i posted it here. When i was two years old i developed Hypochondria, (when you think your sick, but your not) and ever since then, everytime there was a sickness, virus or bacterial infection going around, i claimed that i had it, unfortunately my hypochondria invited over its cousin Germaphobia, so now, eveytime there was a sickness, id quarantine myself, and every little "symptom' i got i thought i was sick and started to freak out. is there anyway to over come this awful thing? its driving me crazy.
Hedgehogs are way past cool
Supersonicfreak15
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:48 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Hypochondria & germaphobia

Postby EarlGreyDregs » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:11 pm

Hey there -

I think it's definitely possible to get help for these things & feel better. Do you see a therapist? If not, I highly recommend it, it could be great use to you. I believe that Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy seems to be good with phobias like this. Also you could contact a psychiatrist if you want, to see if maybe medication could help, for example, helping control the anxiety.

- EGD.
EarlGreyDregs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:48 am
Blog: View Blog (7)

Re: Hypochondria & germaphobia

Postby Supersonicfreak15 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:47 pm

EarlGreyDregs wrote:Hey there -

I think it's definitely possible to get help for these things & feel better. Do you see a therapist? If not, I highly recommend it, it could be great use to you. I believe that Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy seems to be good with phobias like this. Also you could contact a psychiatrist if you want, to see if maybe medication could help, for example, helping control the anxiety.

- EGD.

Yes I do have a therapist, thank you for informing me that there's help for this :) it's very comforting
Hedgehogs are way past cool
Supersonicfreak15
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:48 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post