Our partner

Hypochondria & germaphobia

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderators: masquerade, JohnnyBlaze, Otter, sabrdawg

Hypochondria & germaphobia

Postby Supersonicfreak15 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:55 am

hi there, i didnt quite know where else to post this so i posted it here. When i was two years old i developed Hypochondria, (when you think your sick, but your not) and ever since then, everytime there was a sickness, virus or bacterial infection going around, i claimed that i had it, unfortunately my hypochondria invited over its cousin Germaphobia, so now, eveytime there was a sickness, id quarantine myself, and every little "symptom' i got i thought i was sick and started to freak out. is there anyway to over come this awful thing? its driving me crazy.
Hedgehogs are way past cool
Supersonicfreak15
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:36 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Hypochondria & germaphobia

Postby EarlGreyDregs » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:11 pm

Hey there -

I think it's definitely possible to get help for these things & feel better. Do you see a therapist? If not, I highly recommend it, it could be great use to you. I believe that Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy seems to be good with phobias like this. Also you could contact a psychiatrist if you want, to see if maybe medication could help, for example, helping control the anxiety.

- EGD.
EarlGreyDregs
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:36 am
Blog: View Blog (7)

Re: Hypochondria & germaphobia

Postby Supersonicfreak15 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:47 pm

EarlGreyDregs wrote:Hey there -

I think it's definitely possible to get help for these things & feel better. Do you see a therapist? If not, I highly recommend it, it could be great use to you. I believe that Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy seems to be good with phobias like this. Also you could contact a psychiatrist if you want, to see if maybe medication could help, for example, helping control the anxiety.

- EGD.

Yes I do have a therapist, thank you for informing me that there's help for this :) it's very comforting
Hedgehogs are way past cool
Supersonicfreak15
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:36 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post