Our partner

How many people see a counsellor/psychotherapist in the UK ?

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: Otter

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

How many people see a counsellor/psychotherapist in the UK ?

Postby El Scotto » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:34 am

hi, can anybody please help me with a research project

I'm trying to find out how many people with in the united kingdom see a counsellor/psychotherapist in a year?

even an average or a percentage would be great.

I'm specifically looking for the figures from 1990, 95, 00 and 2005

but even if theres any therapists here who'd like to divulge how many people they think that they see within a year, that'd be great also.

thanks a million.

- scott
El Scotto

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby jims » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:48 pm

You may want to search out how many people are in the counseling business in the UK. That might give you a rough answer to your question. Each counselor might be able to work with maybe 40 people if he/she sees each once a week for an hour.
Good Luck,
Jim S
jims
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:53 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby El Scotto » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:17 am

Ah, Brilliant, Thanks for that I've been trying to find out everywhere a rough figure, I've already got how many counsellors/Psychotherapists there are in the united kingdom, I'll just do the maths! : )

so you think about 40?

Thanks alot. !
El Scotto

Postby El Scotto » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:51 am

Thinking about it though, surely a counsellor would see more than 1 person a week, and wouldnt see only 40 people in a year averagely? a professional one? (sorry)
El Scotto

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post