Our partner

Mind Reading Nightmare

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: Otter

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Mind Reading Nightmare

Postby Caucus » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:13 am

I don't have schizophrenia although I have wrongly been diagnosed with it in the past. They have changed my diagnosis to borderline personality disorder. I know mindreading is a common symptom of schizophrenia but that is for those that don't have it happening to them. My mind is being read by people in New Zealand and around the world. I live in New Zealand but it is not just hear in my own country. I have had this happen to me for 4 years now and it is hell. I hate it. People around me know what I'm thinking all the time from when I get up in the morning until I go to sleep. I presume they even know my dreams. One thing I'm not sure of is whether they can see me naked or actually see the things I do. If they can then that is despicable and these people really have problems. I know that my family and even my psychologist and psychiatrist stalk me as well. They will say things like how do i know this for sure etc. I know they do, because people treat me based on what I think and not on what I say and how I behave and it's decidedly obvious. It's really humiliating and scarey having this happen on an ongoing basis and it has disrupted my life and my ability to study and work. I was a normal 19 years four years ago before this all happened. I was working 50 hours. I won the scholarship award at school for doing well academically and athletically, even though I went to a small school that is still quite an achievement. I just want it all to stop so I can get on with my life. I could prove without a doubt that my life would be significantly better if it all stopped. I'm very intuitive and I can pick up on behavior around me and I know when my environment is different day by day based on my thoughts. I have also had people repeat my thoughts online and in real life without me telling them. I often have people know personal information that I would only know. I don't even mention it now, because I'm so used to it. I just want the mindreading to stop and want to take legal action because I have had 4 years of my life taken from me. I get angry often and depressed and suicidal. I feel horribly misunderstood a lot. I just want to get out of this hell and it has been hell for me. No matter what way you look at it, whether people chose to believe there is something wrong with me, by law it is illegal to stalk someone in person let alone spending your life in their minds. It goes against my rights as an individual and effects relationships in a big way. I feel like I have changed into a different person than I used to be. I was just easy going and friendly not an anxiety driven mess. I used to want vengeance and for people to pay for it but I've passed that, I realise that taking care of myself is my perrogative, even if I do struggle at it from time to time. Pleasing others is impossible when they see every scar and mark and bad thing you think, do and say on a daily basis. I just want to have a good future and achieve the things i know I am capable of.
Borderline Personality Disorder
PTSD

medications: venlafaxine, clonazepam, clopixol
Caucus
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Mind Reading Nightmare

Postby TheNonDenominator » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:57 am

People can't read minds. I can't claim to and no one else should. As far as empirical data of the anatomy of the human body shows, there is no such function or mechanic that would allow for it; furthermore, there is no such thing that would suggest, scientifically, something ethereal of the ability to this.
If you believe people are reading your mind, maybe it's your fault. Are you acting suspicious? Do you feel guilty? Is it as if you lived in a "glass house?" Some of these sentiments are often linked to an individual of whom is extremely superficial / transparent in character and nature or is harboring / concealing deep-seated feelings, such as, resentment, distrust, anger, disgust, compunction etc., leading and allowing for others to easily read them out. But often enough, this is only a phobia and bears no fact on reality, for people whom are not so blatantly apparent. In this case, there is nothing to fear, as only you know yourself and what you've done. With regards to the former: maybe it's time to fess up? People can see right through you, remember?
Now, if you are bare (superficial, shallow, etc.), it might seem like people are reading your mind; though, if you learn something about yourself, you will realize that it's only the quality of your person that is so easily observable- as cause for the vexation for the fear / anguish of mind reading.
Now, sorry to get harsh, but stop fooling around and get real.
Now, in all other instances that these are not the case, it can be explained as pure coincidence.
You cannot prove cause and effect for "mind reading" because there is no readily observable / or testable way to prove it. In other words, it's all in YOUR head.
Have a nice day, now. <3
TheNonDenominator
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Infinite_Jester » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am

Hey Caucus,

It sounds like you have some pretty great talents.

Caucus wrote:I was working 50 hours. I won the scholarship award at school for doing well academically and athletically, even though I went to a small school that is still quite an achievement.

Hopefully when things are sorted out you can get things back on track.

I understand that in the last four years you've been having some trouble with people reading your thoughts. Is that accurate?

I imagine it must be really distressing having these ideas. However, the ideas themselves are not true. No one can read your thoughts Caucus. I know you really believe that it's true but it's not. These types of ideas can be caused by a number of different medical conditions. Perhaps you've been having some problems coping with what's going on or you might be having some problems explaining or understanding things. Does that sound right? Is it hard just to get by day by day and you don't know why?

If so then you really need to ask for help Caucus. You can (1) talk to a family member or friend about what's going on, (2) go to your doctor and explain some of the problems you've been having with these ideas or (3) you can phone emergency services or go to a hospital and explain that you might have psychosis and you need help.

Please take care. Let us know how things go.

And yes, you really need to do one of the three things Caucus. It's not going to get better on it's own.
Infinite_Jester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:55 pm

Postby masquerade » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:19 pm

It must be awful to have these feelings, almost as if people are intruding on you and you have no privacy. It may seem to you to be real, but people cannot read your thoughts. There is no scientfic basis for this.

Please get yourself medical help immediately ,to end these distressing feelings. You have so much potential in your life, and you can get back on track if you get yourself some help.
http://youtu.be/myyITD5LWo4

http://youtu.be/IaBLhoWTkMI

forum-rules.php
No lap top atm so may be delayed in replying to you. If urgent please approach another moderator
masquerade
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:55 am
Blog: View Blog (9)

Mind Reading Nightmare

Postby zoocasa » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:43 pm

I would love to talk to you I am in the United States and I thnk that you and I should have a chat...
sometimes it's good to talk to people who understand what you are going through...not lables. I you can PM me on this forum ... I hope you are doing well and please ignore the responses with lables. Your not a lable your a human being with real feelings. Don't let anyone ever let you feel less than.

zoocasa
zoocasa
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby masquerade » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Nobody has been giving this member labels. What she is going through sounds distressing and very scary. These experiences seem very real to her, but they are not and there is help available to stop these distressing experiences.

Caucus, your family and psychiatrist want to help you. You have so much potential ahead of you, and you can live a full life free of these distressing symptoms if you seek the help that is available. I wish you well.
http://youtu.be/myyITD5LWo4

http://youtu.be/IaBLhoWTkMI

forum-rules.php
No lap top atm so may be delayed in replying to you. If urgent please approach another moderator
masquerade
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby dawnshafer » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:40 pm

What have you done about it? Is there anything you can do about it? Have you asked anyone if they can read your mind? Have they told you they could not? Have your doctors answered the same way? When you find answers, let me know...because even if they could read your mind, why would they tell you they could? They would rather play God.
dawnshafer
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:55 pm

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post