Our partner

dysthymia

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderators: masquerade, Casper, Otter, sabrdawg

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

dysthymia

Postby bluebird » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:47 pm

Im 49, have lived with depression all my life and been on the same medication for 20 years. I have come to a rock and a hard place and know I must accept my illness and come out about the problem. Im a teacher in a pressurised job and want to change my job and my life. I need to try to manage my illness better than by ignoring it and making excuses. Does anyone have any advice or experience that might help me to make the choioces I need to make?
Thanks for reading this.
bluebird
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:00 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Kerry H » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:41 pm

By now you probably have an idea of the limits of what you can cope with and what you don't like about your life. That gives you an idea of what to avoid. If you consider all the areas of a normal life you can see what is missing. Then it's about thinking what you might like to add into your life to improve it. Working out your priorities will help you decide. My CBT lady told me about The Happiness Trap website, that may help. X
I feel like hiding.
Kerry H
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:00 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post