Our partner

Delurking and Question.

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: Otter

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Delurking and Question.

Postby Matchsticks » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:02 am

After lurking for a while, I am going to post. And I am sorta embrassed because of all the times I try wording it, it comes out sounding so...dorky.

I don't know where to post this so this also looks like it might be the best place.

To start off the story, I shall say some of my disorders. Because I can see what may cause some things to happen. I have Depression w/ psychotic features and OCD. I would tell my psychologist this, except he quit and I do not want to go back to see another because he was the second one I had that quit. (Number of counslers I have ever had: 2)

Sometimes, like during the day, late at night, ect... I get this odd pressure like feeling in the frontal part of my head (like around the forehead) and I figured out whenever I talk to a puppet I have (it has to be the puppet) it started to get less intense. So, I kept on talking to it, over and over. Now lately, whenever I talk to it, a voice inside of my head speaks in response (sometimes the response comes out of my mouth without me thinking it). Usally, the voices just seem to like throwing out stuff that I can't remember/is really odd. So, naturally this is creeping me out some and I have tried to stop talking to the puppet, but the pressure seems to get more intense. So I talk, the voice responds. Does anyone understand what I mean? If so, help?

*still feels dorky*
Matchsticks
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:00 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby rtil » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:37 am

this reminds me of a cartoon series called "Salad Fingers" in which the main character talks to puppets whom he thinks are real when they are not and in some cases even himself. i don't know a whole lot about this but, what is this puppet? does it have a name? how long have you had it? did you figure this out on your own? it's too bad your psychologist quit but if this gets worse you need to seek help again.
rtil
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Matchsticks » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:27 pm

This puppet is a old 'Hello Kitty' hand puppet with it's bow removed. I don't have a name for her and I have had her around 6 years. I figured it out on my own because I knew there was something wonky going on.
Matchsticks
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post