Our partner

Inspirational Tattoos?

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderators: masquerade, Otter, sabrdawg

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Inspirational Tattoos?

Postby EmmaRamone » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:31 pm

To get straight to the point i want to get a tattoo that's inspiring and personal to me, so that when i look at it it will make me feel better about all my issues etc, you know? like a quirky short quote. however, i have OCD and i'm getting frustrated trying to decide! coz the nature of my OCD is fear of forgetting things, and trying to record everything, and i'm so passionate about music and the bands ilove and i worry about forgetting about songs etc - i wish i had a record/list of all my favourite songs etc but coz im so unorganised i feel like theyre all scattered around in my head..anyway gone off topic but what im trying to say is - i love so many lyrics from songs that it's impossible to choose just one....however, when choosing one to be on my skin permanently, it does rule a lot out. it has to be meaningful to me. what would be good is favourite lyrics that also are inspirational.
this is one of my 'traits' - i'm so stressed about evrything in my head all the time that i look for exciting things to focus on - like dying my hair different colours, piercings, tattoos etc.
i noticed people have quotes under their posts, that may be the kinda thing im looking for
any suggestions?
i just wish i could remember all the ones ive ever seen and thought 'wow, this is just like me!' sorta thing.
there is an awesome lyric from smashing pumpkins - ''emptiness is lonliness and loneliness is cleanliess and cleanliness is godliness and god is empty just like me'' ''intoxicated with the madness im in love with my sadness'' i don't want those tho as they dont mean anything to me..
i was thinking of getting ''to feel alive:young and terrfied'' bcuz that IS meaningful to me - it's a lyric from one of my fave bands and how those words make me feel etc.
so yeah, i thought there's be more on the internet about inspirational quote type tattoos...
EmmaRamone
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:55 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Inspirational Tattoos?

Postby Emily-Lee » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:24 am

I just heard a quote by Gandhi which I love and maybe down the track I will get it done, but I have a couple of tattoos only one with a sort of song line from Crawling from Linkin Park though I changed one of the words.

The words now say 'Confusing World Is Real.' I guess after years of being sick and now I'm better I still look at the world and think it's still a pretty confusing (which is a nice way of saying it) place. When you look at most of the people out there and things that happen.

As I'm religious I was always going to have a cross at some point so this design allowed it all.

Emily-Lee
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:55 pm

Postby Alevi » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:36 am

This doesn't really address your question, but maybe you will like it anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnzYiqDz0VI

Meaningfull, inspirational quotes that you can stick to your body and not outgrow?
Difficult.

Perhaps some of the stuff that has already lasted a few thousand years, is more resilent to being considered trite, than today's pop-culture quips.

The Ecclesiastes has a few good ones, for example.
Also the end to the chapter of love I personally like:
"And now these three remain: Faith, Hope, and Love. But the greatest of these is Love."

By the way, I am not religious (any more).
Alevi
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:55 am
Blog: View Blog (8)

Postby Exiled. » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:37 pm

What I'm planning is the word "kaizen" in kanji which means change. Supposedly it actually means continous improvement but I don't know Japanese so I can't say for sure. Both work for me. I want to have an oriental dragon perched on the kanji which is my chinese astrological sign. Supposedly people with the sign come into their own later in life and that gives me hope for some reason. I don't really believe in astrology, I just like the thought. I want the dragon's tail covering the artery in my wrist that I would go after if I were to attempt suicide that way as a way of reminding me that things will get better.

I don't know if this helps you or gives you some ideas for yourself. I hope it does.
The eye that looks ahead to the safe course is closed forever.
- Paul Muad'Dib Atreides

My life - My responsibility.
Exiled.
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:55 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby EmmaRamone » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:43 pm

thanks for those replies, but i think i'm going to stick with song lyrics as they mean the most to me more than quotes..like, it doesnt matter what it is, as long as it's meaningful to the person and so there's no point in me looking for a 'new' quote when i already have loads of favourite lyrics (too many to choose from tho)....i still want a tattoo that makes me feel better about things in the psych department though..something about being crazy....''so this is how it feels to be insane..' a lyric from one of my fave bands..but it's not a inspiring/hope one....anyway i thought there'd already be a thread on this but there doesn't seem to be..
EmmaRamone
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:55 am

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum