Our partner

blame?

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: Otter

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

blame?

Postby Tortured Mind » Wed May 18, 2005 9:19 pm

i have the feeling lots of people blame their illnes of mind for everything that happens...

i have intrusive thoughts because i have been diagnosed with this..
i lie because i have a compulsive lieing disorder...

i know that the things that happen can be related to a name some dude in a dusty librairy thought up.. but to say that everything fits into those disorders.. i feel sometimes like there is noone or nothing i can relate to, like this world is totally alien to me.. thats the way i feel when people say that there actions came from some disorder they have been diagnosed with.. it sux

dont know why i posted this.. but i felt like it
“The goal of all life is death.”
Tortured Mind
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby element » Thu May 19, 2005 1:30 am

Sometimes I think people just use blame their sins on mental illness, and sometimes I believe they really do have a mental illness. It just depends. I myself believe something is wrong with my head. Probably a form of depression, but I haven't been diagnosed with anything. My cutting/self-injury is probably a result from the depression, but I still take responsibility for doing it. I know that it's wrong, and that I shouldn't do it, but I give in and do it anyway.

sorry but I have to go. I'll talk more tomorrow.
element
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:18 am

Postby jims » Thu May 19, 2005 5:35 pm

I have never met a perfect person. I have met people who thought they were perfect or wanted to make you think they were perfect. Some people have physical problems, handicaps, or illnesses. Some have various mental quarks. Many people can't do well in math, or sing, or draw, or dance, or run fast. We are all different. I happen to have mood swings, but I can do math and hard physical labor. What I'm trying to say is that we just have to make the best of who we are.

I too have been given many labels that could excuse an awaful lot of things. My bad back could earn me a handicaped parking permit. My mental illness could give me lots of dollars to go on disability. But today, I chose to just do the best I can. I'm good at certain things, but poor at others. I feel better and more in control when I do not look for or use excuses for not doing things.
Jim S
jims
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:18 pm

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum