Our partner

We have to go back culturally

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderators: Otter, quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

We have to go back culturally

Postby Comp_Lex » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:48 pm

I have no idea where to put this. This subforum is probably the most "general forum" out of all subforums.
Preamble for the people who don't know: I have schizoid personality disorder.

I have been thinking. I think mental disorders are inherent to our culture. Our culture and our way of life is literally making people sick. We are supporting a system that generates the very problems that we don't want to have. With "system" I mean the monetary system, educational system, all kinds of ideologies, etc. Stuff like that.
We are on a road that has no good end and we have been on it for a long time. We have done horrible things in the past. We have had world wars. We have seen the rise of psychiatry. I think the wars and the rise of psychiatry in the 1950s are connected. The existence of psychiatry is, in my opinion, a sign that our culture fails at generating a functional society for us all.
That is why I think we need to go back culturally. We should keep the science and technology and go back to the way our ancestors lived a 100.000 years ago. Back then, they were hunters and gatherers. They were working with resources directly and they were in direct contact with nature. The world today is just completely fake to me. All the money and the materialism. It's all fake to me. I think we have to redo everything from the ground up.
Comp_Lex
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:40 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: We have to go back culturally

Postby Miv » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:50 am

I think it goes deeper than that. We have evolved very quickly compare to the rest of the evolutionary state, we are at a point where the average first world citizen does not need to fear anything yet we still have all the instincts that kept us alive in a very volatile world. Anger, mistrust and hatred, violence etc.. These are remnants from a past where it was kill or be killed. We do not need it anymore yet instinctual we do. So we turn that anger and hatred on each other and find reasons to dislikes each other.

Also nobody really knows what real information is anymore. False studies and pseudo science is being put forward as real science and nobody knows who to trust with real information.
Miv
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:40 am

Re: We have to go back culturally

Postby z7z » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:21 pm

You can choose to be a farmer and hunt or even be Amish, but most people do not want to do that. It is a hard life and people want their lives to be easy.
I agree that American culture is pretty bad, so all you can do is avoid TV and media as much as you can. I would just worry about your own health. It's hard to change humanity. Life is short, enjoy it while it lasts.
Disclaimer: Nobody knows nothing
z7z
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:40 pm

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post