Our partner

Help, from anyone but hopefully some smart minds

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderators: Otter, quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Help, from anyone but hopefully some smart minds

Postby Rollingup2k0 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:37 am

I don't have energy ever to do anything useful in my life. I sleep a lot and still feel drained a lot. I know what I need to do in my life but never have the energy or motivation to do it. I always overthink and overanylaze everything and when I do start doing things that I need to do in my life I stop from lack of motivation. I just need help to learn how to get energy and motivation and have a drive. I have depersonalization and Pure O if this helps.
Rollingup2k0
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:47 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Help, from anyone but hopefully some smart minds

Postby Otter » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:49 am

Depersonalization and Pure O? So, you were diagnosed with OCD and depersonalization-derealization disorder? By a professional?

OCD could paralyze me and cause me to not get anything done. But when I suffered as you do, it was depression (part of my Bipolar Disorder).

Is this something you have been suffering for a while? Is it new? Is it something you have discussed with the person who diagnosed you?

Otter
IQ: 68 (WAIS)
Otter
Site Admin

Postby Rollingup2k0 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:36 am

Otter wrote:Depersonalization and Pure O? So, you were diagnosed with OCD and depersonalization-derealization disorder? By a professional?

OCD could paralyze me and cause me to not get anything done. But when I suffered as you do, it was depression (part of my Bipolar Disorder).

Is this something you have been suffering for a while? Is it new? Is it something you have discussed with the person who diagnosed you?

Otter

I have been having this for almost 3 years and around the same time I started to get depersonalization, i didn't get dp from an attack like most people but it creeped up on me, I diagnosed myself. I got a system to get rid of it and it's helped but more traumatic stuff has happened and it didn't let me fully recover. I just feel like doing nothing of importance and not giving any cares
Rollingup2k0
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Winteriscoming » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:13 pm

I empathize but have no solution :(
Winteriscoming
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:47 am

Postby serpand » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:42 pm

Hello there. I have some advice. Do not get caught in believing that the state that you are now is your fixed way to function. Do not classify yourself irreversibly with some disorder. Generally speaking the mind has a structure, based on a biological structure which requires you to be a certain way for it to work positively, and for you to feel good and function properly. When you are negative don't forget that your perception depends on the emotional status. If you're deep into the negative pole you will be self-centered and filtering all the bad stuff and giving it excessive attention. Another thing, also need successful social interaction and it's benefits. You need to belong to several groups and to share a purpose. First group is family and the purpose is support. Then friends which share comun interests. If you have very low negative polarity you got to find as many interests as you can, and I consider mandatory music, so you can express yourself and have some control over your emotional condition. So learn how to play guitar. You have to get physical and do a sport, do push ups at home. Learn chess and play online, do stuff persistently so you can gradually improve and you will shift that emotional status to the positive pole. When you are positive enough invest in relationships with family, friends and partners. Do not forget sexuality.
serpand
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:47 am

Postby snjoy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:31 am

I also used to feel same way. No motivation no excitement for a future. I would just do things when I am pushed to do it. The last moment crisis only would make me alive. I tried getting motivation by listening to motivational speakers , reading self help books. I applied their idea for few days but gain life went back in the way it was. Do you feel this way? if you feel that you can relate then may be we can discuss further.
snjoy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:17 pm

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum