Our partner

How to deal with unnecessary Worry?

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderators: Otter, quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

How to deal with unnecessary Worry?

Postby Naiwen » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:22 pm

I worry way too much about things in life. I think I might have gotten a stress and anxiety disorder or panic disorder. Anyways, I can't cope with too much stress and anxiety in life. I'd like to free myself from them. I'm calmer after 2 years of CBT, but yeah, another issue is emerging for me.
Naiwen
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:41 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How to deal with unnecessary Worry?

Postby salted lipstick » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:30 pm

I'm sorry to hear that another issue emerging for you...

It's good that the CBT you have done has helped somewhat. Have you considered any more treatment if you found the treatment you've had effective? Maybe dealing with things in this new context will also help you?
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby quietgirl2538 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:00 pm

Naiwen wrote:I worry way too much about things in life. I think I might have gotten a stress and anxiety disorder or panic disorder. Anyways, I can't cope with too much stress and anxiety in life. I'd like to free myself from them. I'm calmer after 2 years of CBT, but yeah, another issue is emerging for me.

I can only share about me and my anxiety. I used to not have any type of anxiety, but about a year ago and since them, I now get overwhelmed with so much stress that I have anxiety and I have to take diazepam (Valium) at times. I can take 2mg or 5 mg during the day and I am fine. Have you always had this anxiety? It's a known fact to me that I need to "chill out" and take things easy and set priorities as I can, because I will have a sort of nervous breakdown. I used to work over 40 hours some few years back and I had to quit anyway, but I also was having intense anxiety that I couldn't sleep at night.

It's great to hear you are calmer after the CBT. What kind of issue is emerging right now?
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 4.5 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day

Forum Rules
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:41 am
Blog: View Blog (67)

Postby HislilPrincess » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:58 am

What about if you worry about why you don't worry anymore? I'm a paradox poster child in the living flesh. When I'm not worried I ask myself why I'm not worried and feeling so darn comfortable.

I think this could directly derive from hitting rock bottom. Once there is nowhere to go but up, things start to appear less dramatic and worrisome. I Just know I've always been a survivor no matter what circumstances I was facing. I think it helps being a tad bit bat $#%^ crazy, it cushions they blow on the way down. Now that I'm climbing I can logically see how to help myself however with BPD and being my own worse enemy and all, its a slow process. Don't worry be happy :)
HislilPrincess
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:41 am

Postby MaleDenmark » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:51 am

Have you tried mindfulness or meditation? There are ways to calm your mind without using Medicine.
Have a jailbroken iphone that can install anything? Do you feel like you are suffering from love addiction? Try our app for free and get help today! https://www.sendspace.com/file/1vyw5g
MaleDenmark
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:41 pm

Postby StardustDreamer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:13 am

Meditating regularly has been suggested to me, as well, but I've yet to do i regularly...
StardustDreamer
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:41 pm

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post