Our partner

*** How are you feeling today? ***

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderators: Otter, quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

*** How are you feeling today? ***

Postby Otter » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:07 pm

New thread for those of you who hang out here and want to express how you feel today without making a new thread.

Me? I'm doing ok. Taking care of a Mom with dementia takes its toll, and occasionally I am depressed and/or anxious, but today I am ok.
IQ: 68 (WAIS)
Otter
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: ***How are you feeling today?***

Postby Snaga » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:54 am

Hugs! I know that has to be extremely trying on you, Otter. I can never decide if I was fortunate, or unfortunate, that I lost mine, before having to deal with the possibility of having to be in your shoes. It's a terrible thing.

I've been feeling bad, lately- not sure whether it's anxiety or something organic, but it comes and goes. I'm off from work lately for an extended holiday and go back soon, and feeling quite anxious about going back- it's stressful and I hate it, but I have to work. I often don't know how I will continue on, yet somehow I manage to. We all have more in us, than we think we do. We just have to hang in there and do the best we can with what we have.
Tell someone you love them today, because Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, because Life is also terrifying and confusing.

ISFP. And a bunch of weirdness.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:16 pm

Re: *** How are you feeling today? ***

Postby TwilightVanguard » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:27 am

Mlem. Alive. I must keep my tormented mind busy or it likes to push my buttons and make me miserable with terrible, terrible memory recall (of bad things) and other unsavory things, like suicidal ideas and dark thoughts. Oh, self-loathing too.

I try to keep busy. Going to the stable, making a spaghetti sauce with meat I got on sale from Wal-Mart. Helps for a bit, but the problem is still there, lurking in the shadows. Maybe I just need to give myself some insanely difficult challenge, like trying to think in 4 dimensions or try to jam together the theory of relativity with quantum mechanics.
Overcome with despair and hopelessness...
Cineri gloria sera est
TwilightVanguard
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby quietgirl2538 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:24 am

Hi Otter, I'm glad you are feeling ok. I hope that continues for today. :wink:

I'm feeling fine. I've been on my feet for a while so I am going to sit or lay down for a while.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 4.5 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day

Forum Rules
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer

Blog: View Blog (67)

Postby WhatsMyDxAgain » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:03 am

Sorry, gonna be blunt here. I feel like $#%^ and I'm pretty pissed. I started therapy again about 3 months ago, and my T has mentioned several times that I should try attending her group sessions. I said "oh hell no, I don't "do" people." My life has really spiraled in the last 2 years and I barely leave the house anymore, for like a year now. She promised me it wasn't like traditional group therapy (with a bunch of people in a circle, looking around at each other and sharing stories), she said that it was more like a class with her at the front and that she was only expecting 2 people to show up, and she said I could sit at the back and not have to talk to anybody.

Well... WRONG! We sat around an oval conference table, so I let the other 2 people sit near the front and then took a seat at the other end. Next thing you know, 2 more people come in; one sits across from me and the other was 2 seats down. And just like the last (and only other) time I attended group therapy, one effin drama queen constantly interrupted, alternating between LOUD high-pitched cackling to dramatic sobbing, telling us AAAALLL the details of her personal life as if we cared.

I wanted to scream at her to stfu but I don't do confrontation. So I sat there for two hours, bracing myself against her outbursts, covering one ear first but by the end I was covering both. Shaking, desperately trying not to cry, just wanting to bolt but not wanting to draw more attention to myself. It's supposed to be a CLASS! Not your personal ######6 therapy session!!!

I will NEVER do group again, and I'm seriously considering leaving therapy altogether. ######6 waste of time and all it does it trigger me. I took 15 effing klonopin today, and I'm pretty sure if I hadn't then I might be dead or in jail right now.
WhatsMyDxAgain
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Heathcliff » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:59 am

Waking up every morning is one of the hardest things lately, but what makes it even more difficult is my mom waking me up while screaming at me for being in bed for to long (mind you its just 9 am). it feeels sufficating whenever someone aks me someting, talks to me or even looks at me and then I see what I have to do this week and I almost cant breath. I have been wantin to contact a psychologist for over a year know, but every time I almost do it I chicken out. I feel like everything is going wrong and that **** is about to hit the fan, but hey according to everyone around me it will all be alright. Bul**** if you aks me butr hey what do know. I feel like a piece of crap that has been just scrapped off of somone's shoe.
Heathcliff
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:16 am

Postby WhatsMyDxAgain » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:12 pm

Heathcliff wrote:Waking up every morning is one of the hardest things lately, but what makes it even more difficult is my mom waking me up while screaming at me for being in bed for to long (mind you its just 9 am). it feeels sufficating whenever someone aks me someting, talks to me or even looks at me and then I see what I have to do this week and I almost cant breath. I have been wantin to contact a psychologist for over a year know, but every time I almost do it I chicken out. I feel like everything is going wrong and that **** is about to hit the fan, but hey according to everyone around me it will all be alright. Bul**** if you aks me butr hey what do know. I feel like a piece of crap that has been just scrapped off of somone's shoe.

You sound very overwhelmed. Not every one who needs help is capable of seeking it out. The thought of calling and making an appointment to meet a therapist can be scary, and then you might dread the appointment, and even if you're looking forward to it sometimes there can be a long waiting period to get in.

How about this: If you're feeling desperate you can go up to the nearest cop and tell him you're in a very bad place and need immediate psychological help. You don't have to say you're suicidal. Just let someone in authority know that you're on the edge and let them take it from there. You could also walk into an ER and tell them the same thing. (Of course, you can always call 911, but that could be embarrassing, especially if you have nosy neighbors.)

Be prepared to possibly be placed on a 72 hour psych hold in the hospital. This isn't as bad as it sounds. Think of it as 3 days away from your mom, 3 days where they feed you and you don't have to cook or clean up afterwards, 3 days to step back from your situation and just BREATHE. They'll get you on some calming meds, maybe an antidepressant, get you set up with your first appt with a therapist as soon as you're released, etc.

Point is, you don't have to do this all on your own. It's ok to ask for help. I don't know what your obligations are (children, job, etc), but almost anything can be handled by someone else for 3 days. If you truly can't "pause" your life for 3 days, then they can at least get you pointed in the right direction to get started on meds and therapy.

You can do it!
WhatsMyDxAgain
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Lunaetal » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:41 am

I have a splitting headache where I've barely slept for 3 days due to horrible nightmares.
I'm so tired I could cry.
Everything feels suffocating and overwhelming. I feel trapped and scared and I really don't know what to do.
Lunaetal
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:16 am

Postby savavdpeas » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:58 pm

I'm not sure how I'm feeling right now. But lately I've been frustrated. I'm 30 and living with my parents. My dad angrily gets in my face all the time; he also talks at me a lot. I think he has asperger's syndrome. Either that, or he thinks like he has it. I don't see things in terms of illness. I see things in terms of ways of feeling, thinking, and being. The latter is a positive way of thinking, and the former is a negative way of thinking. It's a difference between right and wrong.
Diagnosed: Schizophrenia
Medication: Olanzapine 30mg, Invega 1.5mg
savavdpeas
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby quietgirl2538 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:03 pm

I feel relieved and relaxed because yesterday I learned of a place that delivers groceries for you. I tried it out for the first time and I love it! I always dread going to such busy places where you can't move around easily because there are so many shoppers and then there are long waiting lines at times, so I got someone to do my shopping for me. :D
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 4.5 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day

Forum Rules
quietgirl2538

Blog: View Blog (67)