Our partner

A year ago today my mum passed away

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderators: Otter, quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

A year ago today my mum passed away

Postby Hobbit2017 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:02 am

I have struggled ever since with flashbacks. The past few days they have increased and im finding it hard dealing with them.

It was quite traumatic for me especially as the hospital staff were quite terrible. They called us to speak to them and during it i interrupted and said i need to be with my mum now. As i got there her oxygen levels were on 11. A nurse never stayed with her and my mum had pulled her oxygen mask off trying to shout because she was alone.
I was the one who ran to put it back on. The nurse just panicked. I shouted at her to get my family as i thought that was going to be the end. I got there in time and she managed to get more oxygen in her but it had reduced dramatically. We didnt have much longer after that.
It was the most awful experience ive ever had and so frightening. If i hadnt gone back when i did she would have passed on her own.

I cant talk about this in real life.
I didnt want my thoughts today to be focused on that, but they are. So ive wrote it out in the hopes i can let it go. Even if its only for today.
Hobbit2017
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: A year ago today my mum passed away

Postby Rickamateur » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:05 am

Hi Hobbit2017,

There are traumatic moments in our life that will visit us from time to time. I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with this as it cannot be easy. I personally found getting it out is the best. If you don't feel comfortable typing here, you should consider keeping a journal and write about it. The journal could be for you only. We all need ways to get those emotions out of our system but, when we have nowhere to talk and nowhere to vent, we are basically letting it manifest into something horrible inside of us.

I hope your next few days improve! :)
Rickamateur
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:13 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post