Our partner

Are we really on the brink of WW3?

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderators: Otter, quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Are we really on the brink of WW3?

Postby mrknownothing » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:34 am

Hi All!

First post on here. As the title suggests I’m really struggling with the idea that we are on the brink of World War 3.

This is all started at the beginning of the year and I haven’t been able to shake it since. My anxiety has been through the roof, so much so that I am starting to have dreams/nightmares about WW3 on a regular basis. I am also having Intrusive thoughts and I am constantly reading/checking different news websites. I’m so scared.

The more I read the more evil I see going on in the world. America/Russia, America/China, Nato/Russia, South Chine Sea, Ukraine, Syria, North Korea.
How can this all be happening again? Surely we should have learnt from the first two world wars?

At the moment I’m sitting waiting for September to come, this is the date I have set in my head for war to break out. Russia apparently has large scale war games organised. I read possibly 100,000 troops right on the boarder of the Baltics. Apparently Russia has used large scale war games to invade both Crimea and Georgia in the past. So I’m pretty dam scared that this will all lead to war between Russia and NATO.

I’m honestly so scared. I haven’t really read anything to major of late, but I fear it is all to late. And I can’t help but keep reverting back to the bad news stories in the past.

Help!

mrknownothing
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:13 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Are we really on the brink of WW3?

Postby moleculeoflife » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi
Don't worry I don't think it is going to happen that soon. We will never know. Maybe it will never happen.
Why would it happen in september? Maybe you have heard so called "prophets" or mystics who are alive today, usually (if not every time), what they say is pure nonsense.

I have a question for you are you a Christian?

I used to check the news about this a few years ago but what good did it do? nothing, only worry for nothing.
If the news doesn't help you simply avoid them. Live your life. ;)

Again, it might never happen.
moleculeoflife
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:13 pm

Postby mrknownothing » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:23 am

Hey Mole!

September is when Russia has there huge war games planned. And apparently in the past Russia has used 'War Games' to cover up real invasions.

So your saying the media have been running stories like this in the past?

And no I'm not Christian.
mrknownothing
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:13 am

Postby moleculeoflife » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:20 pm

mrknownothing wrote:Hey Mole!

September is when Russia has there huge war games planned. And apparently in the past Russia has used 'War Games' to cover up real invasions.

So your saying the media have been running stories like this in the past?

And no I'm not Christian.

Yeah I heard about war games to cover up invasions too.

Yes, like once or twice, I don't remember much, only that they talked about North Korea and U.S. about WW3. At that moment I was worrying a little bit but I was feeling it was just "talk" and as you see we are all alive :D
As I know nothing about how politics and war works, I think that if a war is to happen then we will have more clear signs than just media/news.
moleculeoflife
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:13 pm

Postby matrixx » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:20 pm

I think that the likelihood that WW3 will start in the nearest future is enough significant. It seems that times of ancient and medieval conflicts had gone long time ago. It seems that we are civilized enough in our 21th century. But in fact we're still barbarians. We struggle for the territory, resources and power. There're a lot of examples of international conflicts in modern history. Any of this sparkes can kindle the global fire. We're still unable to live in peace with each other.

The main problem is that most of the wars starts because of the leaders' decisions and conflicts. I believe, that the most of the nation would like to live in peace without fear and misery of wars. But in fact peoples don't have enough strong influence to their leaders.

Illustrious democracy is just a fake now. I think that the ourdays democracy is just a mix of monarchy and the rule of the majority with different proportions in different countries.
matrixx
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:13 am

Postby quietgirl2538 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:57 pm

mrknownothing, is this just your anxiety acting up, paranoia, or why do you feel we might be on the brink of WW3? Besides the obvious reasons already stated by you and others in this thread.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 4.5 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day

Forum Rules
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (66)

Postby Mattybock » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:11 am

I doubt it, and here's why; No modern war ever occured out of pure bravado, nor has any modern war occured out of nationalism. All modern wars have had a financial basis, with one party or the other standing to gain or lose resources, markets, or access to either.

America has had quite a few wars as of late, and most of them were invasive wars of colonization, with the goal of subplanting the existing power structure with one which acts as a puppet state to the US, thus getting America it's much desired oil, trade routes, etc. This is not new. From the series of banana war from the 1895 until 1933, the South Korean dictatorship, the overthrowal of the Iranian democracy, the South Vietnamese dictatorship, etc. America has normally been the global thug that hides behind a few semi-noble actions in the 1940s. The world is tired of the charade.

But- are we headed to war with Russia or China? No. Because to do so would be a hard financial toll. Not as hard as a war would bring, but still harder than any national power wants to take on. Everyone wants to maximixe gain and minimalize loss. Currently the US dollar is life support. IT's life line is the military, with violence ensuring it's trade routes remain untaxed and it's oil and cheap Chinese imports keep headed to Walmart shelves. The world knows that if any party, for any reason tries to take away American investors profits, then those people will die. That's why no one touches Panama, and the Suez canal is open despite Egyptian troubles. No one wants a drone strike.

This massive military force also props up the dollar as the global de-facto standard currency. 60% of all national currency reserves are in the dollar. Oil is priced [although not traded solely in] the dollar. The dollar is king, and will be until either OPEC switches its currency, or China and private banks call in their debt. For this to happen would doom the US, and ruin any real chance of America paying off even a part it's global debts. For now, because of the global presence of the US military, investors are assured that their investments with America are safe.

But, because of the world's largest debt by far, and because the US creates a lot of terrorists with the pre-mentioned drone strikes, because the US is an extreme polluter, because the US produces nothing of mass value [we export nothing, America is Walmart, and Walmart is made in China] other nations are seeing that maybe the US isn't the best investment for the future of humanity. It's going to fold. There is a dollar shift going on right now because the US is a dying rabid racoon with a gun; danged if he knows what he's gonna do in the next 5 minutes, but he's still the center of attention... or else.

But, that is what may happen - a planned, long term movement by China, India, and Russia to independently leave the dollar, expand their own spheres of influence [esp. China] and cut off America's income from cheap imports and loans; which is America's life blood. The US will slowly recede into it's own natural borders, and posture and saber rattle the entire way as it gradually folds into a hyper conservative, extremely regressive police state. In this way, the US still pays of its debts for as far as the creditors are willing to accept the risk of non-payment, thus the massive cost and losses of war are averted.

No WWIII, just the Roman decent II.
Mattybock
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum