Our partner

Drank from bottle with safety seal removed- ease my fears?

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderators: Otter, quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Drank from bottle with safety seal removed- ease my fears?

Postby mat1212 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:40 am

I got a bottle of cough syrup from the store and I noticed it didn't have an outer or inner safety seal. I took one serving and then started to worry that maybe I shouldn't have. I called the store and they said it definitely should have had one and that it might have been returned and mistakenly put back on the shelf. my mind is going crazy thinking of the worst case scenarios-poisoned, put blood in it, etc. Should I see a doctor or am I just being paranoid? I'm stuck in an anxiety loop
mat1212
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:04 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Drank from bottle with safety seal removed- ease my fears?

Postby TwilightVanguard » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Well in my opinion you should be fine. It's been awhile that you took a dose and by now, if something was wrong with the syrup, you would have felt it. It doesn't take long for something ingested to show an ill effect. On top of that, it seems that the store where you got the syrup from didn't seem to care too much, from what you wrote anyway.

Toss the bottle, drink some water and do your best to reassure yourself. You would have known within a couple minutes if the syrup had something wrong with it.
Overcome with despair and hopelessness...
Cineri gloria sera est
TwilightVanguard
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:04 am
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby big Anatoly » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:50 pm

You are all right old buddy. Someone just took a serving in the store that's what I think, I mean who would poison a random victim? If you start feeling sickly see a doc.
big Anatoly
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby mat1212 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:04 pm

I am feeling a little better about the situation but my anxious mind tends to "move the goalposts back" so to speak. The first day after I felt glad because I didn't become ill but then soon after my mind finds something else about it like maybe it wasn't an acute poison but something like lead that will cause problems way later. Or I worry that something has happened from a small amount of poison that is very subtle and I just can't notice. Do you ever get this type of anxiety? If so, do you have any good ways to cope with these kinds of thoughts?
mat1212
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post