Our partner

How do I get out of this situation

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderators: Otter, quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

How do I get out of this situation

Postby RJJC » Wed May 17, 2017 1:45 pm

All my life iv'e been someone who has done things because thats the 'right' way for it to be done or because thats what 'normal' people do. My mental health hasn't been great recently and i definitely felt more negative causing me to have questions about everything and anything in life. Ive realised now that no one has answers in life but this doesn't stop me questioning anything that makes me remotely positive.
My counsellor has recently told me that I should do things for the better of myself and stop questioning why and how they make me happy which I agree with however I am finding it very difficult due to my previous habits of trusting in other peoples opinions of me and my recent obsession with nihilism as well as other philodophy. I don't know if this is just a case of doing things to get myself more positive such as being healthy and removing negativity from my life.

I was hoping to get advice from people who have possibly been in my situation and come out of it but if your'e still feeling something similar to me at this moment I would appreciate what you have to say on the matter.
RJJC
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:34 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How do I get out of this situation

Postby Brokenmediocrity » Wed May 24, 2017 5:18 pm

It sounds to me like you are looking for connections with other people to gauge your experiences and help judge them objectively. It also sounds like you are dealing with anxiety and insecurity which make you prone to overanalyzing and feel nervous about setbacks when you are seeing positive change. I would say this is normal, and remind yourself that many of your concerns and fears are simply within the realm of your mind.
Brokenmediocrity
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: How do I get out of this situation

Postby sunshineNrainbows » Thu May 25, 2017 12:01 am

One way out is to focus those questions of "Why?" more on others. Constantly wondering "Why?" can be crippling when you're the sole focus of the question. It's like watching a movie you've seen thousands of times before. Wondering about other people, however, gives you the chance to escape yourself for a bit and explore something new or less familiar.
sunshineNrainbows
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post