Our partner

Hi

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: Otter

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Hi

Postby Perennialrascal » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:45 pm

New here, obviously :P

My name's [mod edit], I'll be 28 next month and I'm from the [mod edit]
I'm not prescribed nor have I ever been prescribed medication for any of these. Mostly due to fear and not wanting to deal with certain issues. But I'm slowly gaining acceptance of my issues and seeking help.
I have heard that a few of the disorders I've listed can be all inclusive; i.e., body dysmorphia can come paired with anxiety, depression, etc. Which I believe to be true. I was diagnosed as a child with ADD and it was confirmed to me as an adult. I self-diagnosed my OCD symptoms as well as BDD. The OCD is apparent in my compulsive patterns and routines I indulge in on a daily basis. My therapist believes my suspicions that I have BDD to be plausible, given everything I've shared with him.
Anyway, I'm rambling. I'm thankful I found this forum and I hope this will add to my knowledge and further my process in dealing with all of this.
Last edited by Echinacea on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:53 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: Name - location per forum rules
Perennialrascal
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:51 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Hi

Postby eterea107 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:04 am

Ask your therapist to give you a referral to a psychiatrist for a full evaluation.
103 =)
eterea107
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:51 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum