heracles wrote:I know I'm going to get in trouble, but I can't understand why so many people have this almost cult-like belief in "therapy" even when they're ignored, abused and grossly over-charged. Why do you think therapists are so wise? Don't you have any skepticism at all? Don't you question anything, philosophically? Is it possible none of these therapists have a clue what's wrong with you or how to fix you any more than you do? Is it possible that you, actually experiencing the problem, has a better understanding than they do. Maybe your doubts aren't irrational at all. Maybe you've just been brainwashed into thinking they are. Maybe just watch some YouTube, read some books or articles and start a face-to-face self-help group.
I guess these are dangerous ideas....
I have finally caved in and done this. My problem is that I can't make myself go to therapy. There are several reasons
1. I went to therapy when I was 14 and because I have difficulties expressing my emotions and understanding my feelings I was not taken very seriously. I was given CBT and the sessions ended up revolving around my chronic fatigue rather than my mental health. I told my therapist I was having panic attacks and this wasn't taken very seriously either. Due to this I constantly feel like I am overexaggerating my problems and am scared of goin back to therapy because I'm scared I'll be ridiculed or not taken seriously.
2. My moods fluctuate to the point where I will open up the counselling form, fill it out, and by the time i've filled it out I won't want to go anymore because I think I'm fine now.
3. I will take online tests and if i get a low score I will feel like a fake.
4. Most of my friends are in therapy and have depression or other mental health problems. Once I was called' the normal one' in the group because I wasn't in therapy. My friends are all highly functional and successful human beings. Lots of people like them and they are good people. I am completely dysfunctional and have been for over 6 years, I am bitterly jealous that they have been taken seriously at therapy and I haven't because I know I am very sick and they aren't. Because of this I won't go to therapy because I don't want to be like them and have them try to compare our conditions because are conditions are NOTHING alike. I would rather suffer in silence.
5. I want to get so bad that people are forced to notice without me taking the initiate. I love to pity myself and I want others to pity me too. Deep down I know I should go to therapy but I'm just so sad that nobody even cares or notices. I have a martyr complex basically.
6. I still can't express myself and I have no idea what is wrong with me. I feel like I'm utterly insane. If I went to therapy, I have no idea what I would say. I might just cry.
What do you think...
ghostfalsetto wrote:What do you think...
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 149 guests