Our partner

Brain to Brain Communications

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderators: Otter, quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Brain to Brain Communications

Postby Jlw5187 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:36 am

Are any of you familiar with communicating by brain to brain communication. It seems over the past few years I have encountered people communicating to me and me clearly communicating through this way of communication. I have found it similar to Telepathy but reading some information on telepathic communication information it leads me to believe that telepathic communication is not necessarily a thing. I have also been lead to a site on brain to brain communication. The site is http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/282217.php . Please help me with this trouble I am having.
Jlw5187
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Brain to Brain Communications

Postby atina » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:52 am

Dear Jlw:

I believe that the only way people communicate is through words, tone of voice, volume, facial and body expressions, that is all. I don't believe anyone can mind read another. The thoughts you have in your brain, unless you tell someone what they are, no one can tell. They are private and only exist in between your ears.

You can't read other people's thoughts either. You can guess but the only way to know is if you ask a person what they were thinking, and if they will answer you honestly.

I hope you believe it too because there is safety in such privacy.

atina
atina
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:33 pm

Postby Bill4315 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:11 am

Have you tested your theory and talked to those people to find out?
Bill4315
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:33 pm

Postby lonelydaydream » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:21 am

There is a theory that before humankind learned to talk, we communicated at least partially by telepathy, along with reading body language, gesticulation and picking up on pheromones. We're such complex, social creatures that some form of communication is absolutely necessary. Perhaps some people have some vestigial telepathic ability. Who knows? I for one though am glad not to have it - my thoughts are private, as are other people's! In fact, the freedom to think what we like is possibly one of the few freedoms we have left to us!
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well." Mother Juliana of Norwich, 15th century.
lonelydaydream
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:33 am
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby BPscot » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:12 pm

I get the idea. Before during manic phases especially I have thought we are telepathic and I have had really intense communication with people and in depth scenarios playing out. However once out of mania I realised how insane it was but it felt real at the time.

Sometimes I fixate on the idea of brain to brain communication but realise it is not real. The stuff of comic books but through algorithms or predictive behaviour of what someone is likely to do it is easy to fall into the trap of believing we can read minds. What it really is is predicting.
BPscot
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:33 am

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post