Our partner

Fainting,blackouts

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: Otter

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Fainting,blackouts

Postby Lingvist » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:00 pm

Hi guys.In the past,I've gone to doctprs left and right to see what was up with me with no luck.
A few months ago,a sort of self realisation hit me and the full brunt of undealt with fears ( about 20 years worth ) came crashing down on me.It's impossible to explain how I hid the problems from my own self...
In any case,I have an ungodly amount of fear,anxiety,and depression.It's hard to breathe lying down,sitting or standing.My back hurts for no reason,my abdomen...I often lose all of my senes and fall down flat.This,following a feeling of ants crawling under my skin from head to toe,loss of senses,darkness in front of my eyes and complete loss of strength and energy.It happens a couple times a day.I experience choking in my dreams,nightmares,night terrors.I get panic attacks at random and not just once a day...
I get a stabbing or burning pain in my heart,and it feels like I'm gonna have a heart attack.
I see the world like in a dream,through a fog ( dissasociation ? ).
Has anyone else experienced this ?
Lingvist
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:21 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Fainting,blackouts

Postby Otter » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:31 pm

Hi Lingvist,

As it relates to me, most of those symptoms occur during a panic attack, and depersonalization and derealization, during bouts of mania or depression, associated with Bipolar Disorder.

In general, though, that could be almost anything.

When you say:

In any case,I have an ungodly amount of fear,anxiety,and depression.

Have you been to see a Psych or neurologist? When you say the above and I read other symptoms, I can't imagine they would not have an idea of what is going on.
Image Otter Space Man
Otter
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:21 pm

Postby Lingvist » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:19 am

That's just it,I never knew what to tell them.I seem to have some type of alternate personality which knows that something's amiss but not exactly what.A few months ago was like an awakening for me and I guess the true self shone through,just to be greeted by hell,in fact the problems are so severe that I have to switch to be able to function at all.I never stutterrd,but switching over to the true self,I stutter nearly every word from fear.
This seperation is probably why I never had luck with medications."I" disn't feel it,but the other part...
Lingvist
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Otter » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:25 am

Can you perhaps write things down, as you explained to us?
Image Otter Space Man
Otter

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:21 pm

Postby Lingvist » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:13 am

Yes,I can.I can't visit a psych now since I'm abroad and people around me Mustn't see anything is wrong.If they do,I'm f-ed.I have to stay here 2 more months.....
Lingvist
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post