Our partner

antidepressants messing my mood up

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: Otter

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

antidepressants messing my mood up

Postby dc28 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:09 am

Question: I'm not quite sure what's going on. I've been on antidepressants for over a week now. The other day I was praying to God to end my life. It was as if he put the words in my mind (not hear God...my voice, but his words) saying it would be ok. I need to wait to see a psychiatrist but last few days am beginning to feel both up and down simultaneously (it's a little distressing) I don't know why but other times I've been put on antidepressants I was prescribed mood stabilisers as well (I think antidepressants on their own have a strange affect on me) but this time the doctor just gave me these antidepressants and I think they are having strange affects
dc28
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:33 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: antidepressants messing my mood up

Postby Chainsaw » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:28 pm

Antidepressants always have some side-effects, and even more in the first weeks of using them. The only thing you can do is waiting till they work. Stay in contact with your psychiatrist, especially when you don't trust it or think you need something else.
Female, born in 1998 
Chainsaw
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:33 am
Blog: View Blog (10)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post