Our partner

Why aren't I normal

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: Otter

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Why aren't I normal

Postby Jerms » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:50 am

Can any of you help me understand or identify what is exactly wrong with me

For the 18 years I've been living I always knew I was different from everyone because of how I acted. 2 years ago was when I first got mental health treatment and since then I've been diagnosed with anxiety, depression, and bipolar.
I still don't know how to properly describe this but I've always thought too much. My thoughts would overpower me and I'd constantly be lost in them. I would think about every little thing and all this thinking prevented me from doing everything I've wanted to do in life. I've been told this is anxiety but I was never sure. I fet like I couldn't do normal things like everyone else because of my mind. I've always wanted to be as extroverted and as sociable as can be but my mind stops me and instead I'm isolated and have trouble building strong relationships. My thoughts terrorized me but I never seen them as "bad". I hated them and wanted to get rid of them bc of how all the thinking I did prevented me from being normal. i am quiet and isolated because the constant non-stop thoughts that control my mind. I have trouble concentrating and paying attention becuz my thoughts distract me
And at age 13 was when I had problems processing emotions. I think this is the bipolar disorder but my moods were amplified. Instead of sad I was heavily depressed and disconnected from others. Instead of happiness I felt extremely euphoric and I was the most extroverted and energetic I've been
Jerms
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Why aren't I normal

Postby Smiggles » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:24 am

Normal? there's no existing customary, we're all disordered and corrupt. you're the one putting those thoughts into your mind, being normal is merely a concept. What makes you think you think this could be Bipolar disorder? nothing you mentioned supports the possibility of diagnosis.
*Won't be very active over the next 3 weeks*

There's no such thing as true good or true evil, its all relative to the observer.

My previous username is Corgis.
Smiggles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Why aren't I normal

Postby OMNICELL » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:42 am

The first thing I did was find a group! when I was beat down and could take no more and went off the deep end! I found 12 step groups of any kind and never left! I was beat'n down by this life! and knew I could not do it alone; regardless of what it was I was seeking, mental health, art creation, emotional love! friendship! I knew I was not going to go out on my own and find what I needed!

I needed support; much like having a big family! and the groups Ive joined have given me a piece of this! regardless of the name or type of group; I needed a family to help; and not the one I came from!

And I have outside help; shrinks, therapists! psych groups! Christian 12 step groups! and other stuff!

I don't try to conquer these things alone! thats the most important issue I have found!
Dissociative Disorder
CPTSD
AVPD; Social avoidance
Previous/Psychotic clinical Depression
agoraphobia
obsessive/compulsive disorder
Evolution didn't stop my death, God did .....Now what?
OMNICELL
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (1763)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post