Our partner

Looking for a support group, friends.

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: Otter

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Looking for a support group, friends.

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:16 am

Title says it all. I'd be willing to do email or private messaging on this website. Due to legal problems, I cannot talk over Skype, or any instant messenger, and I cannot talk privately with anyone under the age of eighteen. So those are two things to note. The reason I'm looking for one now, is because all my support group people are on Skype, and no where else pretty much. I have a couple numbers from them, but they're not able to do phone calls because they only have a select amount of minutes on their phone. I'm not going to give out my number right away, or ask for yours either. Also, these discussions cannot be sexual in any way, at all! I doubt anyone here would actually do that, but I'm a little paranoid over it, because it wouldn't be the first time someone said they wanted to be in my support group and then shortly after tried to get sexual with me.

So let me tell you a little about myself. My name's Tyler, as my username suggests. I'm going to be 21 on May 8th of this year. I'm diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder NOS, but I've discussed (briefly) with my doctors that it might be Schizoaffective - Bi-polar. I don't know, I'm not a doctor. I work at a local grocery store, which has stores in four states on the east coast of the United States. That's also my time too, Eastern Standard Time. But yes, I'm a cart pusher, bagger, janitor, cashier, and have been recently promoted to the service center. I love my job. I'm very lucky to have been so fortunate to have been hired there.

I like video games, comic books, reading, writing, classical/opera music, baseball, Formula One racing, and pretty much all sports that aren't American football, oval racing, basketball, or involve beating someone to a bloody pulp.

So yeah, if you're interested, just leave a post. Also, please leave your age, as again, I cannot talk privately with anyone under the age of eighteen.

EDIT: Silly me! I forgot to mention what I all go through. Well, I have both visual and auditory hallucinations. I have a voice that talks to me from time to time, but haven't heard from him in a little while (about a month). I used to have homicidal rage 24/7. That's what got me hospitalized for eight days, I used to go through chronic depression, and at times would be suicidal. During my recent psychotic episode, I did contemplate suicide a few times. I have severe anxiety and "delusions" too.
Email me if you want some desserts

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Looking for a support group, friends.

Postby kenny66 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi tyler

Well I am happy to be in your support group if you want it. I am middle aged so no worries there. I am mad about opera-not into video games though. I am shizoaffective (bipolar type) as well. I have both auditory and visual hallucinations, which I sort of am quite used to and I manage my life around their appearing and disappearing. My big issue is that I get a lot of visual morphing-where, for example, a towel might morph into a cat or lamp might morph into a hand, so its very difficult to be out of the house as I am never quite sure what is actually what. I also find it difficult to deal with people in person. I have had several admissions, the latest one at the end of last year. But I'm pretty good at the moment and fairly happy, for me. When I take my medication and it works I get along fine. For a long time I was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic with major psychosis but the schizoaffective diagnosis came about because of thee mood issues with depression at the same time as my schizophrenic symptoms. I have had a fairly constant pattern of relative normality and remission-then a crash and burn episode followed usually by admission , increased medication and then a return to the same pattern. Before I had to give up my work I was a professional writer and PR consultant. Unfortunately my illness made me more and more unstable at my work and I gave it up as my medication was not effective at that time. When I was quite well, earlier in my life I did get to the MET twice.

All the best

Kenny
DX: Schizoaffective Disorder Bipolar Type-OCD-PTSD
Seroquel-Saphris-Lamotrigine-Lithium
kenny66
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby sabrdawg » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:48 pm

Sent you a pm :)
Normal is overrated :D
sabrdawg
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:16 pm

Thank you both. I added both of you as friends! ^_^

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler

Postby fourfingers » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:17 pm

tried to PM you, but it says
Some users couldn’t be added as they have disabled private message receipt.
:(
fourfingers
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:04 pm

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:53 pm

fourfingers wrote:tried to PM you, but it says
Some users couldn’t be added as they have disabled private message receipt.
:(

I think you need to add me as a friend first! X3

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler

Postby kenny66 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:37 am

Tyler77 wrote:Thank you both. I added both of you as friends! ^_^

I added you as a friend but I could not find a PM button when I click your name. Can you see if a PM works from you to me?
Kenny
kenny66
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby fourfingers » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:14 am

Tyler77 wrote: I think you need to add me as a friend first! X3

I did! i added you as a friend trying to solve this issue, but I still can't send you PM :?
fourfingers
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:04 pm

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:10 pm

fourfingers wrote:
Tyler77 wrote: I think you need to add me as a friend first! X3

I did! i added you as a friend trying to solve this issue, but I still can't send you PM :?

I can PM you. How old are you?

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler

Postby kenny66 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:37 pm

kenny66 wrote:
Tyler77 wrote:Thank you both. I added both of you as friends! ^_^

I added you as a friend but I could not find a PM button when I click your name. Can you see if a PM works from you to me?
Kenny

Hi Tyler-I got your PM but when I respond it says the recipient has disabled private messages receipt-not sure how to fix that
kenny66
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views