Our partner

Fun and interesting facts you know, but others may not know!

Forget about mental illness for a while and just let loose in here.

Moderator: Tyler

Fun and interesting facts you know, but others may not know!

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:19 am

Yes yes. we shall share facts here, facts that others may not know. Please keep this appropriate.

- While muffins are considered to be the healthiest baked good, or at least one of the healthiest, they are the absolute worst in terms of calories. A Boston Creme donut has anywhere between 250 and 280 calories. A blueberry muffin has anywhere between 740 and 820 calories. The only thing that comes close is a slice of cake.

- Superman has only ever died once in the DC Comic Book Universe, and it was in 1992 to the hands of Doomsday. It is the only ever time a death in a comic book made world wide news. The death shocked everyone across the world, as the seemingly indestructible Superman had met his match. Shortly after, Batman was defeated by Bane and was incapacitated for over an actual year before going back to action. This was the next thing to make the news, but did not make world wide. Countries such as Canada and the U.K reported it, but it was mainly an American thing. Both villains made their debuts during these fights. The Superman V.S Doomsday fight is still the longest single fight in comic book history, lasting an astonishing seven whole issues between five different series. This also opened the door for comic book resurrections. The Flash, Green Lantern, Batman, Robin, Green Arrow, and many other main super heroes have died since then and been brought back to life. Before Superman, they were originally going to remain dead.

Email me if you want a donut

We're all gonna die if we don't keep living
At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type.

Medication: Geodone 160 MG, Lexipro 5 MG.
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:04 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Fun and interesting facts you know, but others may not know!

Postby caughtinafray » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:21 pm

The sun is hot :)
DX: Asperger Syndrome, ADHD, Bipolar type 2 | suspecting BPD

UTC -5:00 North America (EST) | INTP/ISTP | Empathy Quotient: 14/80

“To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.”
    --- Friedrich Nietzsche
caughtinafray
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (48)

Postby naps » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:26 pm

In 1977, Pink Floyd began their In The Flesh tour to promote their latest album, "Animals". Disillusioned by success and disgusted at how his personal lyrics and ideas had been compromised into mass entertainment product, bassist, vocalist and songwriter Roger Waters had taken to shouting out a series of numbers before each set. These numbers signified how many dates they had already played and how many they had left to go.
At their last show, in Montreal on July 6th, Waters cracked. During the raucous coda to "Sheep", the albums penultimate track, Waters began directing his performance at a young fan in the front of the crowd, luring him closer and closer until, at the end of the song, he let loose a great big gob of spit into the adoring fan's face, then proclaimed to the audience "We can't do any more of our old songs so we're just gonna play some music to go home to."

Waters then flew back to the UK and spent the next two years in isolation, where he wrote "The Wall".
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:10 am

naps wrote:In 1977, Pink Floyd began their In The Flesh tour to promote their latest album, "Animals". Disillusioned by success and disgusted at how his personal lyrics and ideas had been compromised into mass entertainment product, bassist, vocalist and songwriter Roger Waters had taken to shouting out a series of numbers before each set. These numbers signified how many dates they had already played and how many they had left to go.
At their last show, in Montreal on July 6th, Waters cracked. During the raucous coda to "Sheep", the albums penultimate track, Waters began directing his performance at a young fan in the front of the crowd, luring him closer and closer until, at the end of the song, he let loose a great big gob of spit into the adoring fan's face, then proclaimed to the audience "We can't do any more of our old songs so we're just gonna play some music to go home to."

Waters then flew back to the UK and spent the next two years in isolation, where he wrote "The Wall".

Another music related one, a lot of people know who Mozart is, but most people don't know who he was as a person. Arguably the greatest musical mind to ever exist, most people would think of a charming, elegant man, which he was, sort of, but he acted like a five year old most of his very short adult life. He made toilet jokes in front of royal families, he drew and painted grotesque images on walls and would jump on furniture that he didn't own, as if he were a monkey. His whole childhood was spent around music, learning, playing, and composing. He made up for his lost childhood in his adult life.

Tyler

Postby Eight » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:50 pm

This is not good for you regardless of how it looks:

[Do you know this, naps?]

Re Mozart. His given name was Johannes Chrysostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart.

If you watch the movie Amadeus, you see the juvenile eccentricity Tyler spoke about displayed dramatically. He was an odd one.
Eight
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:04 am

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:58 pm

Eight wrote:
If you watch the movie Amadeus, you see the juvenile eccentricity Tyler spoke about displayed dramatically. He was an odd one.

And then you have Beethoven, who many people consider to be the only equal to Mozart, who was a tempestuous prick his whole adult life. One of my favorite things was when he and Gioachino Rossini. Rossini was a humongous fan of Beethoven, and was super excited to meet him. They met and talked. Beethoven went on and on about his Comedy operas, and Rossini said "what about my dramatic ones?"

Beethoven replied with something along the lines of "Yes, I saw them. Serious opera is ill-suited to the Italians. You do not know how to deal with real drama."

Tyler

Postby naps » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Eight wrote:This is not good for you regardless of how it looks:

[Do you know this, naps?]

Of course I knew that. It's all sugar and chemicals. And aluminum unless you take off the wrapper.

But I am powerless to resist.

Tyler wrote:Another music related one, a lot of people know who Mozart is, but most people don't know who he was as a person. Arguably the greatest musical mind to ever exist, most people would think of a charming, elegant man, which he was, sort of, but he acted like a five year old most of his very short adult life. He made toilet jokes in front of royal families, he drew and painted grotesque images on walls and would jump on furniture that he didn't own, as if he were a monkey. His whole childhood was spent around music, learning, playing, and composing. He made up for his lost childhood in his adult life.

This is a dynamic I've seen played out in some people's lives. It's kinda sad. There was a congressman from the state I live in who, according to reports, was a very well-mannered child. He spent his high school years studying law during the nights, weekends and summers when his peers were out being kids. The result paid off (at first); he eventually was elected to congress and was on his way to a very significant political career. He even had a good shot of becoming mayor of New York City.

Then, at age 52, he got caught sending dick pics to teenage girls. Shamed both publicly and privately, he denied it at first, then finally admitted his misdeeds. But he kept doing it. The last straw came when he sent some poor girl a raunchy pic in which his young son could be seen in the background. He lost his seat, his wife, and even though he had the balls to run for mayor, he was laughed out of the race. He is now a public joke. They even made a movie about him.

His name is Anthony Weiner.

The moral here is that your childhood and teenage years are for running wild and making mistakes. Sure, it's good to study and keep your future in mind. But if that's all you ever do, you are denying yourself the catharsis and learning experiences that come from making stupid mistakes. No one thinks twice when a teenager does something lewd or inappropriate. It's almost expected. Get it out of your system while you can relatively get away with it. Otherwise, there's a chance you're going to do it when you're an adult, and you will be seen as a perverted loser.

Don't be a weiner! That's my fun fact.

Tyler wrote:...Beethoven replied with something along the lines of "Yes, I saw them. Serious opera is ill-suited to the Italians. You do not know how to deal with real drama."

This is true. :roll:
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:52 am

Fun fact: Many people believe that Aquaman can only talk to fish, but he also has super strength, immunity to fire and heat, bulletproof skin, the trident of posiden, and can leap a skyscraper in on jump.

Hos can can control any liquids around her. In a 2012 comic book, she was arrested for attempting to kill someone who was committing a crime by draining all liquids from his body.

They are not to be messed with.

Tyler

Postby naps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:39 pm

Dogs poop in alignment with Earth’s magnetic field, which is why they frequently walk in circles before they poop. They're calibrating.
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Bginagin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:23 am

Mr. Potato Head was the first toy to be advertised on network television.
I may not know my way right now, but I will know real soon..
Bginagin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:04 am

Next

Return to Just For Fun

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post